Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
aquilla
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: MyAccount registration and login support 24/7

I notice that the start of this post is Feb 2012 and here we are 14 months later and still no fix. I had the same problem as others and the only way tech support "fixed" it was to create a new account username and password to login to Telstra accounts. Now I have a bigpond user name and an account user name. All this happened after they changed my password twice meaning more calls to helpdesk at 35 cents a pop. I wish I had waited for the NBN before connecting as in the long run it would have been cheaper. Telstra you need to pick up your game and start providing service and ensuring obvious long term faults with your site are resolved as the longer you let this sort of thing prolong the more customers you will lose!
JohnLRBentley
Level 2: Rookie

I'm a new Pre Paid Customer and failed to register a "My Account" at https://id.telstra.com.au/register "REGISTER WITH TELSTRA". I have identified the probable cause.

Further details: I'm a new Telstra Customer (although I had been with Telstra some years ago). In a Telstra Store I bought a pre paid starter pack and got my mobile number ported over to Telstra. About 20 minutes after, the porting processes succesfully completed (my previous sim lost its signal) and so I inserted the new Telstra Sim. I sucessfully made few calls and texts.

About an hour later I tried to register online for a "My Account" using my ported mobile number. I received a "The account details you have entered do not match our records ..." error.

I learnt from these forums that sometimes a data propogation issue prevents registration and I took the advice to wait 24 hours after my first call. I tried again and got the same error message.

I then contacted Telstra Live Chat and they took me through the same registration process with an Account Number that they issued. The registration failed again with the same error.

They issued, next, a temporary activiation code and, in conjunction with the newly issued account number, I was able to complete registration via a seperate route:
https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/register-pin-2.

I now have a leading suspicious as to the cause of the registration failure via https://id.telstra.com.au/register.

A middle name/first name mismatch. Specifically at https://id.telstra.com.au/register I was entering in the "First Name" field a name like "Samuel". After sucessfully logging into "My Account" my full name string is something like "Samuel Leroy Jackson". .

When I log onto My Account I see three large divs "Plans & Usage", "Recharge", and "Samuel Leory[newline]Profile & Preferences". If I click through on ""Samuel Leory ..." I see a "Personal Details" menu tab. The smaller font name under that is like "Samuel Leory Jackson".

Looking at the source code I see (I'm using a hypothetical name)

<span id="person-detail-right-menu" lastname="Jackson" firstname="Samuel Leory">Samuel Leory Jackson</span>;

This betrays that my First Name is wrongly entered in the system as "Samuel Leory" rather than "Samuel". It seems, therefore, that the cause of my registration problem was that the Telstra Shop assissant wrongly entered my first name, when reading my name off my drivers license (his not unreasonable preferred way to enter in the details). That is, it seems that in the Telstra Store my first name was entered as (something like) "Samuel Leory" in the First Name field. Rather than First Name: "Samuel"; Middle Name (if it exists): "Leory"

To the web developers: you might like to adjust either your applicaton or business process to take this into account. This has to be adjusted at the Telstra shop end. Maybe it is a retraining task . They were reading the name string off my Drivers License which is like "Samuel Leory JACKSON". The need to know this: Verify you don't enter a middle name in the first name field.

To other users having registration problems on https://id.telstra.com.au/register: try entering both your first name and middle name in the "First Name" field.

Dragon74

Hey guys, it's the last day of my monthly billing cycle and I have gone into my account to check how much I am over, and not only do I find that news is now metered, but my data usage meters are gone. Anyone know where these can now be found or is it a case of close enough, I won't be getting charged if I go over?
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Dragon74,

We did make the change on the 01/10/2013 to remove the BigPond News feed and use the Sky News feeds via our page. As this is a third party content the data that is caused from this service is now metered and I am sorry for any inconvenience that this does cause. We did advise of this leading up to the change via a pop up ad when you accessed the site and there is now a red dot indicating that this is a metered site listed now as well.

Not sure as to why the data usage would not be available via the app. I know that we have had the main billing system down for maintenance today which may be causing the issues. This is due to be back online shortly, after 10am AEST on the 13/10/2013 and will hopefully be available again at this time. Please let us know if this does not come back later in the day.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

persais1
Level 1: Cadet

im trying to recover the account pin to rent movies

persais1

how do i get my account pin four digit number to rent movies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Suggest you contact BigPond Movies on 1800 502 502 available every day of the year except Christmas Day;

Mon-Fri 9:30 am to 11:00 pm AEST

Sat 11:00 am to 11:00 pm AEST

Sun 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm AEST

I would treat today as a Sunday and suggest they are likely to close at 10pm.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Shane56

I agree that tech support doesnt help I just spent an hour trying to sort my account and support timed out. mMy account also has a different user name to mine for billing

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Shane56

What part of My Account are you experiencing issues with at the moment?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

GaryW
Level 4: Private Eye

Gerd .. You need (should) be aware that My Account is not working for many of us and we have reported this to your Support teams with little or no success on many occasions ..

At the same time your "marketing department" is sending out boiler-plate marketing emails under your signature outling the benefits of how useful MyAccount is .. which is making you look somewhat foolish ...

Capture.PNG

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Gary, 

There doesn't appear to be an issue on my end & I'm able to log in OK. 

What trouble are having? Do you get an error message when you log in or is it something else?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

GaryW

Shannon ...

There is no problem with logging in to MyAccount .. Many of us on this forum have ugraded our plans ..

In my case ... I upgraded from 200Gb Internet to 500Gb Pinnicle Entertainment with Tbox ..(10th January, with my bill cycle resetting on 25th of each month) ...

MyAccount does NOT Show my new 500Gb plan (nor ability to see current usage)

Neither does MyAccount show my old 200Gb plan (or useage).

Numerous calls to support assured me it would appear after bill cycle (25th Jan) .. it's now 29th Jan and still see nothing correct

On 25th January I got an email saying my 200Gb plan usage was in excess and would be slowed ... even though I was assured by your support people that the 500Gb plan was in place ... They had to manually remove the slowing barrier.

My story has been repeated by at least a dozen other people on this chat\forum all having the same sort of problems ... and all you Telstra people say is to contact Support which we have all done .. and not once have we got a satisfactory answer or successful timeframe when the problem will be fixed ...

Most of us just want a straight answer .. even if the response is that your techical people do not know what the problem is ...

Assuring us that all will be OK after "A" or "B" or "C" and then finding it is not ... is frustrating at best .. down right disgusting customer service at worst and please don't think I am "Telstra bashing" .. I worked in IT at Telecom Australia for over 17 years in the 70s to 90s and can honestly say that had this issue prolonged for so long in our day .. certain people would no longer be employed.

I've had internet plan with Telstra since the early days of dial-up connection and never had trouble with the actual connectivity to the net .. hence no desire to move to another provider (which are often cheaper!!) ... but the lack of good customer service with no fix in sight makes a move tempting ...

Please don't re-iterate that I\We should contact support through whatever mechanism, phone, chat, here on crowdsupport ... We have already, collectively, wasted many hours.

Find out what the actual problem is and tell us all colectively here in a single message. Tell us what you are doing about it and tell us what we have to do if anything.

Gary W.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Gary,

We are aware of a problem effecting some Bundle customers and the availability of their usage information via My Account. While it is certainly being worked on we have not been provided with a hard resolution date just yet. Do you know if an IT fault was raised with respect to your individual account when you have contacted us? If you don't believe this to be the case yet, please feel free to send me a private message.

leighnash22

I have been having same log in problems as well i have been trying to create new account did what i was told but it would not register
Used 24/7 service but got cut out
Nada_z

Well said GaryW. If I gave my customers the same level of service that Telstra's does I would be out of a job.
GaryW

The problems continue ..!!

After being assured by Customer Support  that I was definately on the 500G Entertainment plan .. I suddenly get this email stating I've used 50% of my (old) 200Gb plan at 100Gb used (see below) ... Should not get this email until I reach 250Gb usage!!!

Capture.PNG

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi GaryW,

Happy to follow up on this further for you, I've sent you a PM 

Thanks 

Col2396zabc

I gave up using my bigpond email address to register on crowd support. I've used my business email address to register and I have no doubt when I next login I'll have to re register again.

The problem with not being able to get into ones own account started back in early November when I changed to a new bundle plan. From what I've been told my management is that many thousands of people are experiencing this problem. It took me 4 months of phoning these so called experts before I went to the communications minister in one Malcolm Turnball who in turn had soemone higher up the food chain contact me to say sorry and that it was an on going issue since they updated their web site back in early November.

Many that upgarded to new packages will now notice that can't access their accounts where before they could download their bills with the bpay codes in a pdf doc to then pay. Users will also know that they can't see their usage metre so we have to reply on emails for the 50% 60% then 80% and cross fingers that we don't go over the usgae metre limit.

My account used to reset at the start of each new month. Somewhere along the line they changed that to about the 11th of each new month. I had slow speeds for 10 days and was not so happy.

I run a PC business on the net and I can't believe how poor support is.

I've wasted countless hours on the phone every week with these so called people that are suppose to know a thing or two about how the system works and how to get it all working.

I can not understand in the digital age that these problems can't be fixed straight away. And why was the new web pages not fully tested before being put up on their web site in the first place.

Recemtly I bought a T-Box and the registration side of it was a real nightmare. The registration box on the setup web page doesn't work unless you trick the page to get it to go. Many tech support people could not help me but knew of the problems. So annoyed with all this that I ended up placing that info on my own forum to help others to get the T-Box working so that they could use it.

I find it odd that tech support knew of he fault but didn't tell anyone about it down the chain of command. One tech support officer said he had the T-Box working well but couldn't remember the very basic info on typing in the registration code on the tboxsetup page. I saw many in crowd support posting how to get it to work only to see telstra support say to contact them. Why not put that info on your web site. I placed it on my web site and many have used it to get the T-box up and running.

So many mistakes by telstra support. It all begs belief.

5 months and still no access to my own account. Can login but no account exists. How to they expect people to pay their accounts if they have no bill to see. I was getting fined $15 a month for over a year.

After months of complaining about this they now send out a paper bill at $2 per month extra. They've given me $50 credit so can only assume the problem is going to be around for another couple of years.

Why can't they go back to the old system which WORKED. Why did they have to fix something that was not broken.

I've been with telstra since 1995. Telstra was better run in government hands.

nfitelstrauser

Telstra 24/ has never worked, nobody knows why but nobody really seems to care so it is difficult to see any resolution coming soon.
Community Manager

Hi nfitelstrauser.

Chat to our MyAccount support team on 1800 266 000 and we would be happy to discuss the registration issues you are having.

Cheers

deborahcopping

Why can't I access my detailed usage online for my sms calls and data? haven't been able to do that for a few days now

Support Team
Support Team

Heya deborahcopping,

we have had a few system issues over the pass days, whereby the system has been down and thus making some information unavailable online.

I recommend having a chat with one of our 24x7 Live Chat Consultants to see if you can get hold of the data via that method. 

I'm confident we can assist further.

poktori

Hey Renee,

Do you honestly believe this crowdsupport thing is going to make us believe Telstra cares? I have just signed up for Telstra stuff a month ago, and have now been seriously lied to 10 times. And I mean seriously. And, no, I am still not connected. Because there is a cable missing. A cable missing. No really.

Enjoy your day.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi poktori,

I'm very sorry to hear that there has been so much trouble getting you connected. Do you have a complaint open on this matter yet?

Iwasconed

Hi . it istill happening

johnbt

i cant login in to my email on my laptop or mobile?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi johnbt, 

What's happening when you try to log in? 

Are you receiving error messages? Or is something else happening? 

And are you able to log in via the Telstra website?

Anoop24

Sir have you tried to do a chat. Every time I try, I am told there are long queues. Its a frustrating expereince to wait and wait. How long you want us to wait.

JimmyDA

Hello, if your having trouble loging into your account I know why. After entering in your username and password and hitting the login in, after the page loads just click onto the 'my account home' button at the top of the telstra bigpond page.

The login just seems to log you into the system and to enter into your account settings you need to click into it after loging in/on.

Hope this fixes the issue for everyone and can someone please address this with Telstra as this isssue has been occuring since I joined up with bigpond over 2 years ago!

boocuddles

Me too,Telstra still has the same old contact problems

utahxl500

Gerd,

A big thank you to your team as 'my acount' login has worked seamlessly. My issue is i need my new phone to connect to the Telstra network and get back online!

I recently purchased an unlocked motorola MB525. When i place my prepaid telstra sim in, it recognizes the the telstra network but will not allow my sim to connect. I have tried many different APN settings posted on the internet but with no success. Am i missing something obvious? - i am new to the android experience.

Hope your team can help.

Thanks
Elisabeth

I'm in the same situation. I get as far as Welcome and get this:

No accounts found

This profile is not associated with any accounts. Please try
" Add an Account" ....  I had to kill the link as this page  says it's an invalid HTML !

I can't go any further and am stuck in this loop of uselessness.

I've tried all my browsers, deleted Cookies, etc. and have been waiting for 4 days for the phone call I was promised...

Also waiting for my first bill.

I like people. I really like people, on a barbecue with salad on the side.
I pose more questions than I answer.
I'm an Internet ferret.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Elisabeth,

That isn't good to hear.

I'd suggest contacting our live chat "my account" team here:

http://tel.st/8qpr

-Matt W

Cyruslol

account

Tried that but it stopped working

razchorev

MyAccount is down (extended outage). I tried your Twitter CS team, and the chat team. Neither could help me get Telstra Thanks tickets for tonight. both say they can't even produce a promo code or a voucher. frustrating!!
Eric1

I have wasted the last hour trying once again to lodge my problem with the Telstra site.

Too complicated- hard to navigate- doesn't work properly and this has been going on for many years. I have tried many time before and given up in disgust.

Long term problem on my account

mostly I get 'Not Found-The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.'

I am currently using Opera but it was the same on Chrome.

I can see my data usage but all of the drop down boxes take me nowhere.

Very difficult site to navigate and I am disappointed I cannot find anything I want. Such as where to purchase data packs and where to find my usage history.
Long time disappointed in your site. Is the problem that your services are simply to diverse and/or do you have IT people who are not capable of meeting your needs?

Telstra's shortcomings in this area is surely sending customers elswhere.

Really disappointed

Eric

Locksmith Trader

<phone number removed for privacy reasons>

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Eric, if you're experiencing ongoing problems with access to your online account we have a My Account support team available via 1800 266 000 who can assist further

kingy1956

24x7 app crashes wont run on tablet 10.1

Telstra 24x7 app version 12 will not run on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with android 4.0.4.

It opens first page but as soon as you touch anything it goes to

" unfortunately telstra app has stopped working" and crashes out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: 24x7 app crashes wont run on tablet 10.1

Hi Kingy1956, 

Sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing with your tablet. To confirm is your tablet up to date with it's own software? Further have you deleted the app and reinstalled it? 

shooterau
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Forget them I've been trying for days to have a mobile phone updated in My Account still not done and sound like it won't be done

Support Team
Support Team

Hi shooterau,

Sorry to read you're having trouble with getting your mobile info updated.

Happy to help in anyway I can, without sharing any confidential info (this is not a secure place to do so) Can you tell me what you are waiting on being updated?

Angela  

lawsy

I've given up on getting my online account working.

3 weeks and 4 online chats, still nothing. They seem to have no idea whats wrong and keep asking the same questions regarding my broswer versions, clearing cache etc.

Ken18

24/7 App does not respond no info for my accounts anymore? 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

This thread is now locked, if you need a hand please create a new thread on Community or take advantage of the Live Chat options in @gerdschenkel original post.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more