Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

MyAccount registration and login support 24/7

Answered

If you have trouble registering or logging in to MyAccount, try our Live Chat support team, these guys are there 24/7 and are specialized on these tasks, so they're pretty good at it

Consumer Link: http://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:ContactUsSmiley SurprisednlineServices:Login

Business Link: http://livechat.telstra.com/TB:AR:MyAccount:Register

Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: MyAccount registration and login support 24/7

This thread is now locked, if you need a hand please create a new thread on Community or take advantage of the Live Chat options in @gerdschenkel original post.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
94 REPLIES 94
kathy2510
Level 1: Cadet

I have tried for days to get your new web page fixed so i can log into my account, but so far, nobody thats great at it can fix the problem. Maybe the old web page served better, at least i could log into my account, i might just de register i think, and you sending emails to promote and show off the new page that doesnt work, only iritates people more.!!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

As you may have noticed, we’re recently made some changes to MyAccount to make it easier to find and view your bill online, update your contact details and track orders online.

Following these changes, some users have experienced difficulty accessing MyAccount, so we are working on fixing this issue.  If you are affected, first try deleting your cookies and clearing your cache.  These instructions can be found below:

More information about cookies and how to delete them

More information about cache and how to clear it

If this doesn’t help, and you need urgent access to MyAccount please call us on:

For other support you can:

I’d also recommend you have a look over our ‘MyAccount Help/FAQs’ available here, which is always a good page to bookmark.

Thank you for your patience in regard to these issues.

The Telstra Digital Team

(Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc., and is used under license)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

case

Like Richard in another thread, I went to log in using the link “my.telstra.com.au/myaccount” and, after entering the User Name and Password, selected the “Log In’ button.  Nothing happened! In fact the User Name and Password didn't even go into the form on the screen properly.

So following Gerd Shenkel's advice I called 1800 number. Long wait in the queue. Then a Telstra person tried to help me. The connection was so dodgy (sounded like very compressed audio) I could barely understand her. Anyway, after half an hour of trying hard, she couldn't help me either (even taking over my computer remotely). But thaks for trying, Vanessa. Not your fault.

I was promised a call back by a superior being the next day but - guess what  - it never happened.

I've tried logging in using Firefox, Internet Explorer (she said my version 8 was no good I'd need version 7!) and finally Chrome, as recommended by the Telstra lady. 

Today I succeded in logging in, after disabling the phishing filter on Chrome. Probably the security settings on my other browsers are similarly getting in the way. So that's the answer for anyone else having a problem. (go to the spanner (top right) then select Options/UnderTheHood, and untick "Enable Phishing and Malware Protection")

But the question is, why does Telstra's login procedure look like a Malware/Phishing Site to filters in all three common browsers? And should I not feel a trifle concerned that I have to disable a security filter to get access to a site with my account details etc? 

maxlaz04
Level 2: Rookie

I have also been having the same problems trying to log in to my account, ie when I type my user name and password in it simply overwrites "Username" and "password" but nothing else happens.

I have called your so called support centre and apart from them mouthing the same platitudes that you have ie deleting cookies and clearing the cache, they have been no help at all!

And no, clearing the cache and deleting cookies does NOT work and has not worked on previous occasions when I have had problems logging on to the old my account website.

How about checking this problem out properly and having a solution available that actually works!

So, do I believe that the new fancier my account is better - no it is a retrograde step that is even more useless than the previous version.

KRH85

I cant register for My Account... Every time I try to create an account it tells me there is already an account with my details and takes me to the "retrieve your username" page, where it then tells me that my Email address doesnt match their records. (it is the ONLY email address I have been using for the last 7yrs!).

All I want to do is be able to pay my bills online, because by the time I recieve them in the post they are overdue!!

I have called Telstra to no satisfaction, I was told my account would be "reset" and I would be able to register after 24hrs.. no luck there!

Oh - and I also cant post anything new in the forum, I can only reply!? I repeatedly get asked to "Register or Sign In" to ask a questions... Smiley Frustrated

Allan33

maxlaz04, I have had a very similar experience. The support centre 1800 number seems poorly equipped to sort this out. In my case, I allowed an operator to take over my screen. In no time at all she had deleted my cookies and changed my telstra.com password without my permission. It took me multiple calls over several days just to get the password re-organised. I have been promised call-backs by supervisors but nobody ever calls. I still can't log on to "My Account" and my confidence in Telstra's ability to fix problems of its own making is at rock bottom.

hamish

God your bonus' must be pretty **bleep** good for you to spout that smack.

For the past week I have been trying to use the ONLY service I and many others require from their ISP, THE USAGE METER!!!!

After wasting from between 1/2 an hour too an hour on hold every day I tried the 24/7 BUSINESS chat.... after waiting 15 minutes,

Chris: Welcome to Business Live Chat.  How can I help you?

Hamish: hi,

Hamish: usage for sim :************

account: ***********

Chris: Hello Hamish

Hamish: password : *********

Chris: ok

Hamish: sorry man but this has taken 1/2 hour to find out... not impressed especially since it's been down for a week...

Chris: Ok what seems to be the issue?

Hamish: other than the usage metre being down for a week....

Chris: ok

Chris: Do you have the mobile number or the account number?

Chris: That's ok I found it.

Chris: But that isn't the password. It starts with *

Hamish:******

Chris: That's it

Hamish: ...

Chris: So how can I help you?

Hamish: WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris: You mentioned the data usage meter wasn't working but aside from that you haven't voiced your enquiry.

Hamish: I just want the usage for SIM: ***********

Chris: Oh the data usage.

Chris: Ok

Although this isn't the worst part, now that you have done an internal "upgrade" the account that took weeks... YES WEEKS to combine on a single bill, I have been informed that I have to do it again.... AND I HAVE TO WAIT ON MY MOBILE FOR YOUR STAFF TO PERFORM THE FIX!!!!

Stop paying your B.O.D. & marketing team so much and reinvest in LOCAL, long term competent staff.  START SERVICING YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! Also STOP attempting to get them to work for YOU!!! ie cust feedback at the end of calls.... ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!

maxlaz04

2 weeks later and sill can't log in and absolutely no response from Telstra.  Obviously they don't really care about customers.  Doesn't seem to be much use logging issues on the forum as no at Telstra appears to read them or do anything about it.

Currently on the phone again!!! to Telstra help line but presume I will get the same tired old answer - your problem has been logged and we will get back to you when we have resolved it ie never!

The stupid part is that I can log in at work, log in via my ipad via wifi but not from my computer at home running Windows XP and internet explorer 8 but also have the same issues with firefox ver 11.

I wonder how long it will be before someone at Telstra actually notices and responds?

maxlaz04

@maxlaz04 wrote:

2 weeks later and sill can't log in and absolutely no response from Telstra.  Obviously they don't really care about customers.  Doesn't seem to be much use logging issues on the forum as no at Telstra appears to read them or do anything about it.

Currently on the phone again!!! to Telstra help line but presume I will get the same tired old answer - your problem has been logged and we will get back to you when we have resolved it ie never!

The stupid part is that I can log in at work, log in via my ipad via wifi but not from my computer at home running Windows XP and internet explorer 8 but also have the same issues with firefox ver 11.

I wonder how long it will be before someone at Telstra actually notices and responds?

No help again from the support centre.  So tried checking java script void error message that keeps popping up in the bottom left hand corner whenever I hit the log in button and got the following error message.  Is any body out there (ie Telstra tech help) actually able to check and verify this and advise measures to fix it???:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; (R1 1.5); .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 03:43:30 UTC

Line: 1205

Char: 5

Code: 0

URI: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home

Line: 8593

Char: 2

Line: 10670

Line: 1745

Char: 4

URI: https://www.telstra.com.au/global/javascript/scode-v25.js

Line: 23866

Line: 23893

@maxlaz04 wrote:

@maxlaz04 wrote:

kathy2510

Im glad to see you see the same as i do and others, i have had "corporate" respond to me as i went public with the issue after the same. GUESS WHAT??? they told me that "java script void" is my problem, they could send out a technition for $300, i already have an IT guy who does that work for a living. Its their web page, NOT the customers computers, with all of these complaints as all being the same all over the country, how can they fluff their way through this with each person. Back to public complaining Monday via the airways, i know the guy there will get onto it for us, thats all i ever wanted, the problem fixed for all of us, not just me, as i said to them over and over!!!!

eriktheviking1

I've get exactly the same java errors as "maxlaz04" for the last 2 weeks and logged the issue with Telstra support. Telstra support are clueless.
I've use IE8, Firefox 10.0.2, Aurora 13.0A2, Safari 5.1 and all of these return some sort of java error. I can logon via Google Chrome but I really don't like Chrome and only wanted to have to use either IE8 or Aurora browsers. I also have another machine I use as a email server that I have not installed Java on and IE8 & Firefox on this machine can logon no problem. I'm suspect this is an issue with the Telstra code on their logon page conflicting with Java but since I don't know much about java or php or html coding I can't say for sure exactly what is the cause of the error is.
I've given up calling Telstra support as I really don't like to explain the whole issue again and again. And they ring me at 6pm when I'm sitting down with my family for our evening meal, are these Filipino support people completely oblivious to the time difference.

Telstra should consider bring their support back to Australia and employ local people.

j461

I have also been having problems with my account which was resolved today. Information from Telstra is that their system is not compatible with IE8 you have to use Firefox. Which leaves one question. How is the general public suppose to know that?

maxlaz04

Nearly 6 weeks after trumpeting the big new My Account as a better on-line experience, I am still waiting for Telstra to actually fix it so that I can log on.   Despite numerous calls to the (un)help(ful) desk, and logging a formal complaint, Telstra still don't appear to have any solution.

So much for the "better on line experience".  In my case, it's "NO on-line experience".

Come on Gerd Schenkel, how about getting your team at 1800 number to live up to your claim that "These guys are there 24/7 and are specialized on these tasks, so they're pretty good at it "!!!

wilrc1

Just joined telstra, having terrible time trying to register for online account, keep getting the following message:

Sorry - we've encountered an unexpected error

Error ID: 50115

We have checked the details you have entered and you are already registered for My Account.

To find out your login details, please follow the Username Retrieval process.

I dont have a registered My Account, there is no option to use another email address either as i always get the same error message, this is really poorly designed!!

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@wilrc1 wrote:

Just joined telstra, having terrible time trying to register for online account, keep getting the following message:

Sorry - we've encountered an unexpected error

Error ID: 50115

We have checked the details you have entered and you are already registered for My Account.

To find out your login details, please follow the Username Retrieval process.

I dont have a registered My Account, there is no option to use another email address either as i always get the same error message, this is really poorly designed!!

Do you have a bigpond service? If so, use that as your username Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

@eriktheviking1 wrote:

I've get exactly the same java errors as "maxlaz04" for the last 2 weeks and logged the issue with Telstra support. Telstra support are clueless.
I've use IE8, Firefox 10.0.2, Aurora 13.0A2, Safari 5.1 and all of these return some sort of java error. I can logon via Google Chrome but I really don't like Chrome and only wanted to have to use either IE8 or Aurora browsers. I also have another machine I use as a email server that I have not installed Java on and IE8 & Firefox on this machine can logon no problem. I'm suspect this is an issue with the Telstra code on their logon page conflicting with Java but since I don't know much about java or php or html coding I can't say for sure exactly what is the cause of the error is.
I've given up calling Telstra support as I really don't like to explain the whole issue again and again. And they ring me at 6pm when I'm sitting down with my family for our evening meal, are these Filipino support people completely oblivious to the time difference.

Telstra should consider bring their support back to Australia and employ local people.

On the local people issue it doesn't matter in what country the operator is located, only that they can perform their job. The colour of their skin or their nationality has no bearing on the quality of service they can provide.

The best example of this is Apple, who's Tier 1/2 Asia-Pacific customer service staff are some of the best I've ever dealt with. Most are from a country that is not  Australian.

On the topic you raised, I am using Mac OS, and with the exception of some certificate errors I'm having no issues accessing the website. How could it be a compatibility issue with the website if 100% of the people aren't getting the issue? as the only variable is the user's computer, the website doesn't change to fit the user? Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

maxlaz04

Ben, if 100% of people don't have any problems logging on to the new MyAccount site, why are there numerous complaints here and on other forums?? Just because you don't have a problem logging on doesn't mean that others may not have problems or if they do then they should just ignore it as obviously there is no problem as you appear to be always right! I have been waiting for over 2 months for feed back and a resolution, so I suggest that you would be better off helping to resolve this rather than sounding off at others who have problems. Like the previous correspondent , I cannot log in using any program including ie8, firefox or chrome. I keep getting Java errors on all attempts which, when checked, point to errors in several lines of Telstra's website code, so perhaps you might look there first before sounding off at others. So, no kudos to you from me until you actually look at the problem and come up with some suggested solutions!
Ben_F

@maxlaz04 wrote:
Ben, if 100% of people don't have any problems logging on to the new MyAccount site, why are there numerous complaints here and on other forums?? Just because you don't have a problem logging on doesn't mean that others may not have problems or if they do then they should just ignore it as obviously there is no problem as you appear to be always right! I have been waiting for over 2 months for feed back and a resolution, so I suggest that you would be better off helping to resolve this rather than sounding off at others who have problems. Like the previous correspondent , I cannot log in using any program including ie8, firefox or chrome. I keep getting Java errors on all attempts which, when checked, point to errors in several lines of Telstra's website code, so perhaps you might look there first before sounding off at others. So, no kudos to you from me until you actually look at the problem and come up with some suggested solutions!

I don't deny there aren't complaints, I'm just confused at why everyone thinks this would be related to the Telstra website, when I (and others) don't have issues.

Looking at it logically, what is different between My MyAccount and Your MyAccount? The main difference is the PC we use, as the website itself doesn't change.

I'm currently running Mac OS 10.8 DP3, and I've tested Safari, Chrome and FF (With default settings). With the exception of Certificate errors when moving between some sites (which I have reported) I don't get any Java errors (I don't even think the site runs Java, unless your talking about Javascript which is a completley different technology).

B.

New Users - Click Here!

maxlaz04

maxlaz04

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.3; (R1 1.5); .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 04:30:25 UTC

Line: 1201

Line: 3922

Line: 8642

Line: 10724

Line: 23938

Line: 23965

Ben

Yes, the error message I get relates to javascript and when I click on the error (yellow triangle, bottow left corner of page), this message above i what I get.   To me, this is pointing to Telstra's web page giving errors on particular lines.

I sent these detials to Telstra over a month ago and have yet to get a response.   Is there anyone out there who can decipher this and suggest a solution and does it lie on my computer (and if so why are others experiencing similar issues) or Telstra??

And Ben, try using win xp instread of mac - perhaps this is the issue.

Ben_F

I don't get any of those errors. I ran Firefox with a Developer Console up, and the Only JS errors were:

[19:47:49.504] Abort Execution of SCode @ https://www.telstra.com.au/global/javascript/scode-v25.js:113
[19:47:49.605] s is undefined @ https://signon.telstra.com/SMRAALO.jsp?next=end:105
--
[19:47:55.518] Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. @ https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home
[19:47:55.547] Use of attributes' specified attribute is deprecated. It always returns true. @ https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home
--
[19:48:07.776] Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. @ https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/overview?_58_rememberMeCheckbox=on
[19:48:07.804] Use of attributes' specified attribute is deprecated. It always returns true. @ https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/overview?_58_rememberMeCheckbox=on
--
[19:49:12.265] An unbalanced tree was written using document.write() causing data from the network to be reparsed. For more information https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Optimizing_Your_Pages_for_Speculative_Parsing @ https://onlinebilling.telstra.com.au/billingpayment/action/bill/display;jsessionid=0000WRlVR3AdzSbD-...

None of Which prevented me from accessing or using the website.

B.

PS: User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0

New Users - Click Here!

ChrisB

I keep getting an error when trying to register

Error ID: 12008

Unfortunately we cannot complete your request at this time as we are experiencing system delays. Please try again in 24 hours.

Alternatively, please contact us on 1800 number* and quote the error number above.

Ben_F

@ChrisB wrote:

I keep getting an error when trying to register

Error ID: 12008

Unfortunately we cannot complete your request at this time as we are experiencing system delays. Please try again in 24 hours.

Alternatively, please contact us on 1800 number* and quote the error number above.

If you have been getting this error for more then 24 hours, I would suggest calling the 1800 number mentioned and asking them to setup your registration.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

brettj1

I have had this problem of not being able to log in to the my account page since february & from what I can figure out with my limited experiance, after not being able to log in on my PC, I used a friends lap top & was able to log in. Then I looked at his updates & found he had not updated his laptop for a long time & when I installed the .net framework updates  I was unable to access the my account page & when I uninstalled .net framework updates I was able to log in once again. I have tried to duplicate this on my PC but without success.

I have after 5 months of complaining to telstra about this problem finally been told by a telstra rep that it is an incompatability problem of the web page & the web browser I assume because of the microsoft updates.

I have also been shown a way to log in by going to the bigpond page & useing your telstra log in information & then going to view the account from that page. by useing this method I have finally for the first time in 5 months been able to log into & maintain my account.

Over the last 5 months I was told numerous times by telstra rep's that my PC was faulty & I needed to take my PC to the technition & get them to repair my PC This would have cost hundreds of dollars & would not have resolved the problem.

I tried to tell telstra numerous times about what I found but was constantly told that my PC was faulty & there was no problem with the web page, but finally it appears that they admit the fault is on thier web page & are doing some thing to correct the problem with thier web page  But only time will tell if they get it right.

Theresa

Hi,

I have been trying on and off over 2 years to try to login the Telstra My Account area. I have spoken to what feels like a cast of thousands and just occasionally it seemed like it worked for all of 5 minutes and then next time just doesn't.

I thought I would try again yesterday, same issue, hello Theresa - Sorry we've encountered an unexpected error. Try again or contact us on 1800 Number etc. I did, they reset, I waited 3 hours (overnight), it still doesn't work. I'll just leave it again for a few months.

The 1800 number staff are not helpful regardless of what Telstra have to say about how good their staff are, they answer by rote and and I know having spoken to so many of them and I have long ago stopped them totally when they start 'apologising' they do that by rote as well.

I continue to do what others have done here and log in from the www.bigpond.com area through to View my Bill, while hoping that just someday it will all just work. It would seem looking at the comments here that most people have the same issue.

Last time I even got as far as a bigpond.com person using logmein to see my screen and showed him how I could toggle across to Telstra On Line billing and all remains well until I go to the My Personal Details page which then fails with the above error again. He was quite helpful and at least put more of an effort in that his Telstra cohorts, but his response when seeing the error was this is a Telstra issue.

I really do not understand why there is this disconnect between Bigpond and Telstra. I get one bill and therefore should have one login regardless of which site I attempt to log in via. I found the same thing with responses on a 3G coverage query on both mobile and Internet I had when I moved house. Telstra treated it as 2 separate issues.

It is extremley tiring and demoralising dealing with Telstra and I despair of Telstra systems and their support staff, I really believe most of their staff do want to help, they are just not equipped to do so.

This is only one of the issues I have had with them in the last 2 1/2 years and in my opinion they have never once got it right first time, new internet connection, new mobile, new plan, new account, new email, new landline, upgrade of same, not once.

Theresa

Melfenech888

I am internationally roaming and I can't make phone calls how can I get help from Telstra when I can't make a call????
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Theresa,

Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with using Telstra MyAccount.

Currently customers who attempt to login, or register with their bigpond.com email address as the username are presented with the error you are receiving.

It is something we are aware of, and are actively working to fix this. We should have some news regarding this in the coming weeks.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Luke

Thanks

Luke
MyAccount Manager
Titan82

Ok its been a while, whats the progress on this issue?
Ivan50

Hi. Just contacted Telstra and after a while of explaining was told that the best way to fix this issue is to delete/cancel your Registration Profile. then wait 24 hours and re register. I was told that a Telstra tech will contact me tomorrow to help. YEH right.

Ben_F

@Ivan50 wrote:

Hi. Just contacted Telstra and after a while of explaining was told that the best way to fix this issue is to delete/cancel your Registration Profile. then wait 24 hours and re register. I was told that a Telstra tech will contact me tomorrow to help. YEH right.

I've only had one or 2 callbacks that never eventuated..... But I could be lucky Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Ivan50

After getting Telstra to delete my account registration yesterday i logged in to my account this morning and re-registered my account. Now all seem sto be ok. Hope this may help some

PhilDunc

this fault still has notbeen rectified i am still waiting for a reply from telephone support .i can access with a win7 on firefox 16 but not on a win xp box on FF 16 have updated to java 7 on xp box. it just hangs at " javascript::void(0)". any more ideas have tried all the sugusstions mentioned in this forum

thanks PhilDunc

Ben_F

I found that if I cleared all my cache and history it worked for me after a while... FF on Win7

B.

New Users - Click Here!

PhilDunc

did that ( hoping i dont want tha thistory later)

no change so for

win vp FF 16

always worked on daughters laptop

win 7 FF 16

but that isnt a long term fix eh

maxlaz04

Ben, that's the old standard call centre response to everything. Any problem, just tell them to clear the cache and delete cookies.  Been there, done that and it doesn't work, no matter what the problem is.  Time for Telstra to actually check the problem and come up with some real solutions, and not this same, tired old line. 

maxlaz04

I had the same problem earlier this year when Telstra first changed to log in page.  Tried numerous times to get a solution but nothing worked.  In the end, I found the only way to solve it was to get upgrade from Win xp to Win 7.  Expensive solution, but no problems since.   I think the real problem is between Telstra's web page set up conflicting with java script, not that anyone at Telstra would either admit to this, or come up with another adequate solution.

David Thodey, the bill for having to upgrade my OS so that I could continue to access my account, is in the mail!

Ben_F

So you expect Telstra to support an operating system that Microsoft doesn't even support?

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

@maxlaz04 wrote:

Ben, that's the old standard call centre response to everything. Any problem, just tell them to clear the cache and delete cookies.  Been there, done that and it doesn't work, no matter what the problem is.  Time for Telstra to actually check the problem and come up with some real solutions, and not this same, tired old line. 

I actually suggest it as it personally fixed an issue that *I* had... As someone responsible for a 60 seater office, I would like to think that the advice I give isn't just a "Call Centre Response".

As mentioned, Windows XP isn't supported by MS anymore, furthermore the upgrade of the OS is likely to clear your temp files as part of the upgrade.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Ivan50

It is now 4 weeks later and time to check my account again. But guess what. NO ACCESS to the account AGAIN. The log in button does not work and when i can find another way in it tells me my details are wrong. NOW WHAT

asdfaliceasdf

You can log in by either using the enter button on your keyboard, or do this alternately by logging in first to the webmail section, and then when you've "seemed" to log in, navigate to telstra.com.au/personal. Hover on the little log in button on the right hand of the screen and select MyAccount from the menu that pops out.

The lady I've spoke to made me do this and it was wonderful and she said they've been working with IE6! Poor creatures.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Nickee

I haven't rung support yet, not sure it is worth my time.

I got an email today saying that I have not signed up for My Account yet, though I am pretty sure I have.

So I go to register, but the account number is already registered.

OK retrieve my username and password to find the only info attached to that account number is an old phone number from at least 8 years ago Smiley Frustrated  And I cannot do anything at all with the account Smiley Indifferent

Yet I must have access to My Account already cos I have been signed up for bill reminders for a few years.

So very confused right now.

jag

I have had online accounts with Telstra for years.  Been able to pay bills without having to copy and paste information about my account from one page to another.  Now you chance the system.  Every time I try to add and account the web page errors.  I have tried to call your 1800 number but it is always flat out.

So right now, I have tried to pay Telstra and Bigpond bills.  I think all the numbers are right.  

Why can't Telstra get customer service.  All you have done is make it more difficult to pay bills.  Why couldn't you simply ensure that the accounts for current customers are simply transfered across?

Instead of spending millions on advertising why don't you get the basics right!

A very frustrated long time Telstra customer!

Ben_F

@jag wrote:

All you have done is make it more difficult to pay bills.  Why couldn't you simply ensure that the accounts for current customers are simply transfered across?

Instead of spending millions on advertising why don't you get the basics right!

A very frustrated long time Telstra customer!

My understanding is that you need to have 2 of the same type of account, and they need to be linked under the same "Customer Profile"

If you have 2 13 digit account numbers, you should be able to add it.

If you have 2 10 digit (or a BP Account Number) then you have to use the "business" system

If you have 1 of each of the above 2, then there are issues (as its across both the old and the new systems).

B.

New Users - Click Here!

praxidice99

The 'My account page is easily the worst of its kind on planet earth. I'm convinced its the brainchild of some geek committed to causing as much aggro as humanly possible. As for the 1800 number, it appears permanently linked to the Manila call centre Recently I discovered a certain Telstra store person who has a knack of fixing Telstra stuffups so I'll be certain to send any business that way in future

southern

Exactly !!! a rabit warren of stupid screens. . . . a plethjora of passwords and log-ins foreach area & no where to stramline it - the most CRAP system i've ever seen - i ahve been here for 45 mins, and stil have no information.  Are you serious telstra??

Ben_F

@praxidice99 wrote:

As for the 1800 number, it appears permanently linked to the Manila call centre

Thought I replied to this, Online Services Tech Support is based in Manilla Smiley Happy

@praxidice99 wrote:

The 'My account page is easily the worst of its kind on planet earth. I'm convinced its the brainchild of some geek committed to causing as much aggro as humanly possible.

Don't know if this is valid now, you login, you select the service, and it tells you the amount........

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Peedoff

I nptice this thread has had the same issue that I have had for the last month since joining telstra. Javascript void(0) in the script when hovering over login button. Click login button and nothing happens. Like there is no URL link to that button?

One whole year and nothing has been done about it. Why don't you mob have a look at the online banking websites for a clue on how to set up a login page.

Cure frustration - go to another service.

Peedoff

THANK YOU TELSTRA TECHNICIANS. Robot Happy Log-in is now functional.

Peedoff is not anymore.

Monuca-77

problem i can't ring cause i am deaf that is real bad service for who want kept touch if problem.. huh!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now