CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
RandomNobody
Level 1: Cadet

Paper Bill Charge

Answered

Hello,

I would really like to know when and why Telstra decided to start sending me paper bills that I never requested, when I have been receiving them by email for years?

Sneaky... You got an extra $10 out of me before I realised and fixed it, which I know isn't a lot, but still feels like a kick to the balls due to its shiftiness.

Please explain?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Paper Bill Charge

Your best bet would be to jump on LiveChat here: http://tel.st/livechat/ it is unusual for it to revert to paper billing without it being changed in MyAccount or by the phone team.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

As this forum is for customers assisting other customers and is not billing ... you'll need to make contact with actual Telstra billing staff
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Accepted Solution

Your best bet would be to jump on LiveChat here: http://tel.st/livechat/ it is unusual for it to revert to paper billing without it being changed in MyAccount or by the phone team.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

RandomNobody

Yes thanks, this is precisely what I tried to do, and this was where it led me.

I don't really have time to call them, and wait on hold for who knows how long, particularly over a minuscule amount which I have already amended personally in my account settings.

Was just after an explanation on how/why this occurred, as of course, they have basically taken money from me without permission. I am irrevocably 100% positive I didn't change my account settings back to requesting paper bills. I have had to disable this in the past, and did so for a reason.

Either way, I now understand you (or anybody here, obviously)  can't answer my question, but thanks for your time & response.

RandomNobody

Cheers DrQ,

I thought so too, which is why I am concerned.

I will ask them there, thanks heaps for the link. Much appreciated.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now