CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Ported to Telstra Prepaid, cannot add number to My Telstra profile

I was on an Optus contract with 8 months to go and 2 days ago, decided to exit it early by porting to Telstra Prepaid. The switch was completed in under a minute but when I tried to add my number to MyAccount, it kept saying that the number I had entered did not match their records.

I contacted support a few times and some said it takes up to 24 hours for the number to appear on my profile. However, it is well and truly past that time and there is still nothing.

This is the second time I have ported the number to Telstra Prepaid - when I ported it back to Optus a few years ago, the number came off MyAccount (I was still able to log in to my profile). Customer Support helped me create a new MyAccount with the hope it would work but the issue persisted.

Can anyone who's familiar with MyAccount and porting think of why this might be happening? It's so frustrating since not having a number linked to MyAccount makes me ineligible for Telstra Air and Telstra Thanks movie tickets. 

Thanks guys.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Ported to Telstra Prepaid, cannot add number to My Telstra profile

I'm in the same situation, so hopefully someone can help out.
Highlighted

Re: Ported to Telstra Prepaid, cannot add number to My Telstra profile

I just finished an online chat with them, and my number is now added to my account.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit