CrowdSupport®
Level 3: Gumshoe

Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page

"Recent Activity - Call Charge Details" page.

There are a few problems with this page (I have home line account)

  • The data is not sorted it is not listed chronologically.  See screen cap.

 

  • There is no add (ie. "+" ) button if all the numbers in current display have "names" assigned to them I can't add new entries.  

 

  • I need to see a list of names and number(s) (ie. the "Address Book") I have attached for basic maintenance. Can I see this anywhere? I want to a number not on screen so I can use on the previous bills with a csv bill download and I can't do it a straight forward way.  See screen cap.

 

  • When adding names to number could you auto-strip the spaces from numbers so I can cut and paste "18 18 12" and it will add as "181812" and default to "Home" in the drop down as it would speed up the entry process.

 

  • You have a full on "Update Personal Address Book" page with 13 fields, but where would you use all this data? Nickname and number is the only data I see displayed. Am I wrong?

 

  • The name to number feature for showing people's names on Telstra Bills is done on this page, but this is currently a massive manual and time-wasting process to fill in everyone's individual numbers. Why not allow an import direct from popular cloud contact stores, or allow a direct import from a .csv file, for example?  A crazy tedious, tedious, seriously tedious series of clicks, drop downs, and refresh obstacles.

 

  • As ugly and problematic as this is I don't even have this basic "recent activity" page on my pre-paid mobile. Why can't we have name to numbers for pre-paid attached accounts?

 

  • People need the ability to get their data so they can use it the way they want. Any chance of fixing this?

 

TLS capture_2012-10-12_02 35 23.jpg

 

Scott

Was this helpful?

  • Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page

I'm sure Telstra welcomes your feedback as to opportunities to improve its customer interfaces. However, unless the information presented is incorrect, or the reporting facility becomes inaccessible, it is not a problem with the page (or site or portal or system).


There are a few problems with this page (I have home line account)

You have problems, from your perspective as a user, that you fail to achieve your desired outcome. They are not problems with the page, however.


  • People need the ability to get their data so they can use it the way they want. Any chance of fixing this?

Again, that is not a ‘problem’ Telstra needs to fix. That is a gap you need to find some way to close, and you're hoping that Telstra will do it for you at its expense of time and effort instead of yours, that's all.

 

 

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page


@Drat wrote:

I'm sure Telstra welcomes your feedback as to opportunities to improve its customer interfaces. However, unless the information presented is incorrect, or the reporting facility becomes inaccessible, it is not a problem with the page (or site or portal or system).


Yes you are quite right these are problems from a user's (that's me) perspective. It is up to Telstra to read and classify them as "intended behaviour", "defect", or "future enhancement" and to prioritise them as to how much good it will do the company and its users, and hopefully tell it's users when they might get the issues addressed. I would speculate the "names to number" functionality is like a half cooked egg - I can swallow it but would be better if was fully cooked.  It would be great if one of the functional designers could explain some of my observations from the web design point of view (or as I previously called them problems "from a users perspective").

What I would like is some feedback too about how Telstra plans to improve the "recent activity" page, if not that is fine BUT I have added dozens of numbers and there is no easy way to get a complete "name to number" list extracted. If I could do that I can create my own person spreadsheet as a workaround,   however seeing it on the "recent activity" page would be a better solution 

I am not aware of any other Australian Telco with ""names to number" functionality, so it  is an enormous way to make Telstra Bills uniquely different and better marketable then other Telco providers bill management.
Scott
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page

Why are all of my posts being deleted? None of them have contravened forum guidelines and I am incredibly interested in a formal response from Telstra on this subject because I and many others have brought this up many times before and each time I have brought it up myself I have only ever been paid lip service and rudely dealt with as per whatever is happening on this topic. What is with all of the Censorship? 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page

The recent activity summary (your screen dump) has me shaking my head in disbelief.  I wanted to check my recent usage today because I'm at the end of my included calls and wanted to get an idea of my recent call lengths and charges.  I can't believe the summary is listed by random dates and there is no way to sort (via date, number, length, cost).  How it's listed doesn't appear to have any logic to me.  It's something really basic that an organisation as large as telstra should've been able to nail in beta testing that particular service, shouldn't it?

Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page

my thoughts exactly microbuzz we know that they do it to confuse us so we dont know where we are at so we inevitably go over. no doubt this post will be deleted they ignore mine and others requests to get this issue sorted!
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page

Not listing them in the correct order doesnt stop you from knowing how far along you are.

Looped can you PM me the details of your previous deletions and I'll raise it with the community managers? Unless you are in breach of the guidelines (by continuous cross posting maybe, not sure)....

----------------------------


New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page


Microbuzz wrote:

I can't believe the summary is listed by random dates and there is no way to sort (via date, number, length, cost).  How it's listed doesn't appear to have any logic to me.  It's something really basic that an organisation as large as telstra should've been able to nail in beta testing that particular service, shouldn't it?


Do not assume that a feature allowing the user to manipulate and reorganise the presentation of the retrieved information, to suit his/her preferences, is automatically considered a mandatory or high-priority business requirement of the system. Beta testing is not the time to raise changes to requirements/scope of a project prior to release into a production environment, either, unless the ‘missing’ requirements are critical to the desired business outcome.

 

If you want to cut the unbilled usage data for a service in different ways, you can always just download the CSV file, and play with it to your heart's content. These days there are enough free spreadsheet applications out there for every platform that such cannot be construed as an unreasonable imposition on the user who wishes to perform analysis to suit his/her individual needs.

Download CSV for unbilled usage of a particular service.png

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page

Drat I think you are missing the point to this issue. Not everyone is technically minded enough nor do they have the time to go about downloading the information as a csv file and to be honest they really shouldnt have to just to organise the data. I know that being able to organise the data on a website is an extremely simple feature to have as I manage a website myself and I have a table that is able to be easily sorted. We bring up this issue because it is an issue for us and has been for me from day one. I have rung up and complained many times about this to be told a wide variety of answers ranging from we are actually working on sorting that to just download the data to excel and organise it like that. We pay a premium for this service as it is so being able to organise the data should be a reasonable request for which we should be able to do. The responses we receive from telstra for this issue is less than adequate and this very issue is the number one reason for my being here. I now have other methods of monitoring my call charges automatically but the simple fact of the matter is I shouldnt have had to resort to doing what I have done. I can see exactly why Telstra have done what they have and that is to confuse the customer. Having a page like that only serves to annoy the customer and not help them at all. I know the only reason you have it there is it is a legal requirement as long as you show the data it doesnt matter the order it is in. As far as I'm concerned it's telstras backhanded way at getting back at a regulation for which they are forced to enact. This shouldnt have come down to a discussion such as this but I for one don't want to let this lie either as I think as a customer we should have a little control over how our data is displayed without having to go to ridiculous lengths to do it.

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page


Looped wrote:

Drat I think you are missing the point to this issue. Not everyone is technically minded enough nor do they have the time to go about downloading the information as a csv file and to be honest they really shouldnt have to just to organise the data.


That's your personal opinion as an Australian telecommunications services consumer and a Telstra customer, and that's fine. I'm also an Australian telecommunications services consumer and a Telstra customer, so I respect your right to your opinion as much as I respect mine, and yours is no more valid or important than mine and vice versa. I'm afraid you are missing the point – I'm offering a solution that would satisfy the information requirements of users who wish to re-organise the retrieved unbilled usage data, and not interested in debating (or accepting!) the merits of your ideology, which is of zero value to anyone who wants the information now.

 

If tha user ‘does not have the time’ to do what it takes to acquire and process the information, that's not the service provider's (or data provider's) problem.

 

You, me, and everyone else here are in no position to impose a functional requirement on the system. Is that idea so difficult to grasp? You're more than welcome to suggest new functionality that would make the system more user-friendly, but surely you understand that does not impose an obligation on another entity. I'm sure Telstra (like any other organisation) welcomes your suggestions, but will not simply entertain user demands of changes to its IT systems.

 

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page - attn 'Telstra Business representative'


@Drat wrote:
I'm offering a solution that would satisfy the information requirements of users who wish to re-organise the retrieved unbilled usage data, and not interested in debating (or accepting!) the merits of your ideology, which is of zero value to anyone who wants the information now.

Ok Thanks Drat for your solution.

 

I assume there is some escalation procedure from this item: 

    On forum home page:  http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/
    link name:  Read me first: Community Guidelines

    section:  community standards
    item 8:  which reads...


Any individual service issue reported via Telstra CrowdSupport may be forwarded to an appropriate Telstra Business representative who will attempt to contact you via email, or via the Telstra CrowdSupport blogs, to resolve the matter.

 


I raised a number of issues in my original post that I would like to see forwarded to the "appropriate Telstra Business representative". In particular the sort order stands out here in the above discussion so far. Let's just consider that issue by itself.  I am an IT professional I have used written and maintained hundreds of reports in my career, as well as, maintained and used hundreds IT systems. I would not be able to justify to myself or any user that a system or report that can only display data in random order is a final solution that they can accept. I can think of no business or user that would want it built that way. Over 20 years experience I have never seen this. Yes it is true for some people building your own system with csv data is a workaround solution. I have no argument with that.

 

My purpose in posting is to let Telstra know there is a problem and that is the lack of the sort order. We will have to agree to disagree that what you call a problem (you say "problem" is defined as "information presented is incorrect, or the reporting facility becomes inaccessible, it is not a problem with the page or site or portal or system"). In my opinion, randomly presented data is a problem and incorrect,  there is no valid argument that random order is acceptable. Would you tolerate your telstra printed bill delivered in random call order - I think not.  I am still hoping "an appropriate Telstra Business representative" may see this and take action on this "sort order issue". (If they looked at the other issues I mentioned originally that would be great too).

 

Any Telstra Business representative out there would be great to here your view. (Just to clarify, that I would like a response that represents Telstra's view or position). Perhaps "Drat" could pass this on to someone?

 

Scott
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page - attn 'Telstra Business representative'

@blackbird:

 

When Quoting Point 8, its important to take it in its entirety:

 

Telstra CrowdSupport does not replace existing Telstra customer service or complaints resolution forums, but it is an arena for discussion and for two-way feedback. You may wish to direct any individual customer service issues or complaints to the channels listed on our contact us page.  Any individual service issue reported via Telstra CrowdSupport may be forwarded to an appropriate Telstra Business representative who will attempt to contact you via email, or via the Telstra CrowdSupport blogs, to resolve the matter.

 


What this says is that Telstra won't refer every matter to the relevant team, but may refer matters at its discretion. I would, therefore, suggest you contact the Customer Service Channels listed in the first part of point 8.

 

B.

----------------------------


New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page


@Looped wrote:

...Having a page like that only serves to annoy the customer and not help them at all. I know the only reason you have it there is it is a legal requirement

 


Yes Looped I certainly understand that and feel the annoyance you mention. Although I don't know about that being a "requirement" as the printed bills probably cover them in that respect. I see it "recent activity" as a feature that got almost done. Ironically, something as minor as "sort order" has a dramatic effect on it's usefulness, making all the other work overshadowed. Kinda  like drving a car with a broken speedo - you can still drive but it is not something that you want to put up with :-)

 

 

Scott
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page

Hi Everyone,

 

Wow, what a topic Smiley Happy Lots of discussion going on. I just wanted to pop a quick post on here to let you know that we are definitely aware of the sort order being seemingly random for recent activity and that this could definitely be improved.

 

You might have noticed that the My Account section of our website looks very different in many areas to times past and has been changing quite dramatically over the past 12 months. This is an ongoing process to make our website a one stop shop for self service and I am confident that you will find this fixed in a future update.

 

It is still a work in progress and we have many cool and interesting features to add aswell as existing ones to tweak so stay tuned.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page - attn 'Telstra Business representative'


blackbird wrote:

Ok Thanks Drat for your solution.


You're welcome.


Perhaps "Drat" could pass this on to someone?

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Plans-Services/My-account/m-p/102022#M958

 

I was too busy looking for that post, which I know I've seen, and in the meantime DanK himself has already answered.  I'm just too slow! Robot Embarassed

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page


@DanK wrote:

You might have noticed that the My Account section of our website looks very different in many areas to times past and has been changing quite dramatically over the past 12 months. This is an ongoing process to make our website a one stop shop for self service and I am confident that you will find this fixed in a future update.

 

It is still a work in progress and we have many cool and interesting features to add aswell as existing ones to tweak so stay tuned.


@DanK Thanks for the info specifically dealing with sort order.

 

I hope more of the first post in this topic is considered as "suggestions" by the "My Account" development team. I note another post by BenF suggest using "contact us" options to raise the issues, but I feel that it is harder to convey the problem as I cannot attach images, or ensure lines and paragraphs are entered in the contact web forms as typed. It is much easier to put in a forum and refer people to the thread. Hence my request to consider sharing it with "appropriate Telstra Business representative".

 

I am going to wait a while before marking this accepted solution as other may want to contirbute more to discussion.

 

 

Scott
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Recent Activity - Call Charge Details page


blackbird wrote: 

I am going to wait a while before marking this accepted solution as other may want to contirbute more to discussion.


Just so you know, marking a post as Solved doesn't stop others from contirbuting on it, it just allows people to find the answer quicker Smiley Happy

 

B.

----------------------------


New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit