Bee1234
Level 1: Cadet

Services disconnected

I called telstra (wed or thurs 6 or 7th of nov) to schedule a disconnection on the 25th of nov. I told the agent 3 times to disconnect the service on the 25th and made sure she understood. I went to work and came home yesterday and i could no longer use my internet. I thought there was only an issue which happens alot so i didnt mind. This morning there was still no service and when i finally checked my services were already disconnected thanks to the agent who assured me she understood my request. I called to have them figure out what to do only to be informed that i would have to wait 5 business days to connect it again. I need my internet connection for work and i am going overseas in a couple of weeks. I called them again to try to figure out if they could prioritize my connection since it was their fault disconnecting my service. I have always paid on time never had an outstanding balance and just when i need to use my internet the most they disconnect me. No help was given even extra measure to make sure to find a way to reconnect my service. I was given the advice to just buy a pocket prepaid wifi to get internet. $100+ for pocket wifi. This is so fraustrating.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Services disconnected

Hi Bee1234, That is certainly not good to hear and very inconvenient for your current needs. I am so very sorry that this happened especially before you planned. Regrettably, it shall take up to 5 Business Days to reconnect it, which would be around 6 days before you requested it to be done. If you speak with our Complaints Team via 13 2200 they may be able to arrange a rebate for the prepaid device. Please let us know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now