Highlighted
kellyferreira
Level 2: Rookie

Site being blocked

I can’t work! My site is blocked, my customers can’t get onto my site to buy from me... everyday it’s down is costing me money...

My site is-
www.kferreiradesigns.com.au

It works at my sisters house (she’s with Optus) and works on my mobile (Optus also)

Please advise ASAP!!! Urgent!! I’m stressed I need to work ....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
18 REPLIES 18
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Site being blocked

Your site is currently listed by three reputable sources as being source of phishing malware (https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/3c20df4b962dfc8eb008ab2f66d5c0a04bf4d4cbc08955f56086546fdced3671/de...). Being involved in computer crime and forensics, I am pleased that Telstra blocks your site...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
kellyferreira

how do i fix this? this is ridiculous i dont do anything illegal , i am a small business

@kellyferreira wrote:
Please advise ASAP!!! Urgent!! I’m stressed I need to work ....

Its interesting Googles Transperacy Report hasn't found anything wrong.

Make sure your running the latest pluggin versions etc.

BTW, What are you running on, Joomla, Wordpress, etc?

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Level 25: The Singularity

It's working on my Telstra 4G connection (your site says you're shut for another 8 days for relocation).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

The problem with your site is that there are some serious security problems with the Smartwave (SW-Themes) Themes that your site uses. That is why it is being flagged as a threat and being blocked. I would suggest that you look at getting a new theme for your site (have a read on the Magento site for suggestions for currently secure themes and security patches).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Homepage is indeed reported as safe on Google, but if you scan some other parts of the site, then Google reports malware too... Problem with Google as compared to virustotal is that they do not crawl through...
As @Jupiter already said, the problem is with unsafe template. The fact that the sites comes up with immediate pop-up window, claiming "CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS & RELOCATION" and asking you to enter your e-mail to subscribe does not help either...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

@ForensicsGuru wrote:
Homepage is indeed reported as safe on Google, but if you scan some other parts of the site, then Google reports malware too... Problem with Google as compared to virustotal is that they do not crawl through...

@ForensicsGuru Ah sorry, I thought Google do that when they index.

@kellyferreira 166 issues with broken internal JavaScript and CSS files, 144 Internal links are broken. 4 pages returned 4XX status code. Basically, its a mess. It does look like your template is out-dated.

Great work @Ozmoz!

I was also shocked that Google reported it as safe and I will have to do some more reading on this... TBH, in the enterprise, we do not rely on Google... There are much better sources of the information...

There are other interesting things that I noticed among them the fact that the link that @kellyferreira posted does immediately redirect to https://kferreiradesigns.com.au/ :
wget www.kferreiradesigns.com.au
--2018-06-22 18:47:41--  http://www.kferreiradesigns.com.au/
Resolving www.kferreiradesigns.com.au (www.kferreiradesigns.com.au)... 204.93.177.137
Connecting to www.kferreiradesigns.com.au (www.kferreiradesigns.com.au)|204.93.177.137|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
--2018-06-22 18:47:42--  https://kferreiradesigns.com.au/
Resolving kferreiradesigns.com.au (kferreiradesigns.com.au)... 204.93.177.137
Connecting to kferreiradesigns.com.au (kferreiradesigns.com.au)|204.93.177.137|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]

this was not immediately blocked and was working. It seems to be blocked now...

Yes, the site is mess... Not sure why @kellyferreira was so assertive and blaming Telstra for ruining  his business while the site claims that the business is closed for the relocation...

Perhaps some Telstra bashing?

@ForensicsGuru wrote:
As @Jupiter already said, the problem is with unsafe template. The fact that the sites comes up with immediate pop-up window, claiming "CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS & RELOCATION" and asking you to enter your e-mail to subscribe does not help either...

Christmas in July? lol

@ForensicsGuru So how does Telstra determine a site is harmful? They must be getting that information from a third party surely?

@Ozmoz, to be honest, I don't know what Telstra uses... There are commercial providers (Palo Alto comes to my mind) and I would think Telstra is using one of them...

dm4
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

I can access your site from Hobart, Tasmania. Just below Australia.
kellyferreira

Running magento, i have cleaned it best i can but i can't see anything wrong with it
kellyferreira

my telstra has blocked it i cant even work on it, i have to connect via my phone which is optus. I can't fix it as i dont know whats wrong so i have thought to relocate the whole thing.
kellyferreira

i`ll look into this thank you, the theme i have i have used on many other sites without an issue. All of a sudden now its a issue Smiley Sad
kellyferreira

thanks i will remove all that and fix it , see if it makes a difference. If it does will it automatically be ok with Telstra or do i have to remove my self via calling them/support ticket etc ? do you know
kellyferreira

i`ll work on this thank you
kellyferreira

it's been working for years and still works with vodaphone, optus and other networks, Telstra is the only one blocking my site and preventing my customers from accessing it. If they had given me some type of warning into why it was blocked it would be more helpful in achieving a site which can be accessed by their customers.
kellyferreira

I can access from any other provider just not Telstra Smiley Sad i am working on it dm4 thanks for the update though

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now