kah2673
Level 4: Private Eye

Still horrible customer service

NBN faults since May. Still no end in sight and. Technician came to house for five minutes ..did a ookla speed test and said...yep...there's a problem...I will write a report...and that was it. Horrible..just horrible

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Still horrible customer service

Was it a Telstra Tech (who couldn't really do anything anyway if it wasn't a problem with the modem) or an NBN Tech?
If it was an NBN Tech, then that is useless, they have all the gear to do a proper assessment of what and where the problem is.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
kah2673

Telstra Tech.
Litterally there for 5 minutes and just used his phone to do a speedtest....i just laughed and said i have that tool also...could have saved you a trip. I have never had this bad of support....for anything. Been since May 4. TIO is supposedly involved...they just have a backlog evidently. I wil make sure at the end of all of this either Telstra reimbuses, or i switch my provider....i dont mind if there is an issue...as long as there is reliable communication. But they seem to speak to me like everything is always new.....just really horrible.
kah2673

Supposedly this was to escalate to NBN technician...said it was "outside" the home......crickets.....this was weeks ago.

Then unfortunately there is nothing more that Telstra can do (mind you, doing a speed test from his phone wouldn't have told him anything useful - if he logged on to your modem and has a look at the connection stats, then that would have told him a lot more). You just have to wait for the NBN Co technician to rock up. About the only thing you can do is ring 1800 834 273 and check to see that an technician's visit request has been sent to NBN Co. Once that has happened, there is nothing further that can be done.

Out of curiosity, can you post your connection stats here so that we can have a look to see if there is anything obvious in them? Also, what speeds are you getting on the speedtest, and is the result consistent throughout the day, or does it vary significantly?

On a Premium Home Network Gateway, T-Gateway, Gateway Max, or Gateway Max 2
(TG587, TG797, TG799, TG800):
http://10.0.0.138/ > Advanced > Broadband

On a Telstra Gateway
(Sagemcom F@st 5355):
http://10.0.0.138/ > Advanced > Gateway Settings > Device Info > General > xDSL (Bottom of Page)

On a Frontier Gateway or Smart Modem
(DJN2130 & DJA0230 ):
http://192.168.0.1/ > Advanced > Broadband

Default password is generally 'admin'
You're looking for line rates, power levels, attenuation etc
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for the time taken to get this resolved @kah2673

I can see you also have an open complaint & have followed up with the team that manages the complaints to request contact on your behalf

While you can expect contact as soon as possible, contact usually occurs within 2 business days when we request contact on your behalf. 

If you don't receive contact by close of business Thursday, please let me know here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

kah2673

Thanks for that information. Greatly appreciated.
I get more info on here than where it needs to be focused.
I have asked these questions to Telstra./....."crickets"
They have had me factory reset my modem 3 times ...yesterday being the last one.
i would imagine the logs would be wiped?
Also the 4g portion of the modem (second one sent to me) has been running only 4g for 3 straight days!! finally kicked back over yesterday after the factory reset again.

I will try and see what the modem says when i can get to it today.
its unfortunate as i have been a Telstra customer for years....and this most likely will come to an end very soon. It s just the customer support...and this means the most when there is an issue.
kah2673

I hear you Shannon.....this sounds like the broken record i have been hearing since May 4.
apologies if i just roll my eyes and leave that where it is....
I have written my "customer service manager" that has been assigned to me.....and no one can keep up with anything happening...i write her daily...no response....but i did have a guy call me yesterday who decided to argue...which was great fun!! So thx for saying your scripted line..and apologies once again if i just dont believe a word of it, as this is what has been said all along....Actions go further with me than broken promises and statements. I hold up my end by paying each month...and i get partially what i pay for....so not sure what else you expect me to do? But yes i will continue to wait as my call is important to you.
kah2673

here is the page
DSL Status
Up
DSL Uptime
35 minutes 15 seconds
DSL Type
VDSL2
DSL Mode
Fast
Maximum Line rate
7.71 Mbps 38.46 Mbps
Line Rate
7.71 Mbps 36.82 Mbps
Data Transferred
45.78 MBytes 1217.43 MBytes
Output Power
8 dBm 14.5 dBm
Line Attenuation
13.4, 39.0, 57.3 dB 21.0, 48.0, 71.6 dB
Noise Margin
12.5 dB 12.5 dB

actual speeds are 21-24mbs down and about 1-5 up

everything used to be 45+ down and 16-22 up

Now, the problem in getting NBN Co to have a look at that (and I have been through this process), is that your loss in Line Rate is not great enough for them to automatically send out a technician if requested by Telstra. As your line rate is above 25Mbps and the loss only about 25% of what you had previously, that puts it in their acceptable service category.

You could argue that the loss in upload rate is greater than 50%, but they generally don't consider upload rate when classifying a consumer service as in fault.

I will say this however, with your current Down Line Rate, I would expect your Up Line Rate to be far greater than it is, so it does indicate a fault of some sort.

kah2673

Thanks for your reply Jpiter.
They actually came out today, said there was definitely a fault.
came to my home...back to the node and said he had to move something...definitely made it stable for now and a bit quicker. But time will tell.. hope to know in a few days. Thanks for your input as well...

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more