SAYS I HAVE INAPPROPRITE SECURITY LEVEL TO ACCESS

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: TELSTRA 247 APP security level

Hey Jay-PERTHWA, Welcome to CrowdSupport.

This error occurs when a customer attempts to link their version of the 24x7 app with an account on which they do not have the required level of access. This generally occurs when the overall account ("customer accoun" in Telstra jargon) is in someone else's name.

About ten years ago Telstra did away with so-called "joint accounts" and enacted a system where by there is one over all account holder, who could then nominate people with varying degrees of access. I haven't been told officially, but I suspect this is a result of the divorce rate increasing, Telstra issuing a bill and the joint account holders pointing at each other going "chase them!"

The solution is to get the account holder to get your access upgraded to "Full Authority" assuming they are willing to provide you with that. In the event that they are not, this is not something that can be fixed.

If the Customer Account (to use the jargon) is in your name (the name that appears on the bill isn't much of a clue I'm afraid, this can be edited to say almost whatever you like) this is something the App Support team will need to check out, and they can be reached here:  https://tel.st/zxrgq.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now