CrowdSupport®
Wally3178
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra 24/7

Telstra 24/7 continues to ask me to complete my profile.   The only part not complete is the email address and it won’t accept my bigpond.com address, says it must me non bigpond.com or .net address.   I don’t have another address!!! I’m certainly not going to open another one just to please Bigpond.   How can I stop the requests to update my profile?   I don’t want to delete 24/7 but if that’s what it takes......

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra 24/7

A non Telstra email address is requured incase you lose access to your Telstra email address. If you have an android device you will have a Gmail email address. It is always handy to have a second email address to use for signing up for software and services to reduce the chance of your primary email address receiving spam mail.

Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi @Wally3178,

I have a gmail address for my Account.

I haven't completed my Profile in the 24/7 App.

It's showing me to set up Fingerprint and Enable Location Services.

In the Profile section of the App, If you scroll down to and press on the heading "Notifications" you can toggle off the "Profile Notifications"- Get reminders to complete your Profile.

I'm not sure if this will stop you getting reminder's because it's asking for an email address, it's worth a try.

Although my toggle is off, I still see that my Profile is not complete, that I have to set up Fingerprint and Enable Location Services, I just ignore it. 

I don't get reminder's.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Wally3178
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thank you guys for your advice, I’ll consider everything then disable notifications 😂.   I do worry about Gmail and others being susceptible to Google and Microsoft prying and the resultant increase in targeted advertising; I absolutely hate advertising and I loathe advertisers.   My own little protest is to boycott any product that appears uninvited on my screen.   I have quite a large list of products that don’t get any of my money.   Once again thank you all very much.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit