CrowdSupport®
Jakelark
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Plus Scam!!?

Answered
hi I just received an SMS which offered a new loyalty scheme but wants me to click on a non telstra.com link. Looks like a scam, and even if it's not then it's very bad practice to encourage. Please use valid telstra.com links.

Hi, Telstra Plus is here! It's our new rewards program that lets you earn points towards devices and more, from May 14. It's our way of saying thanks. Join today at tel.st/tplussne. We really, really don't want you to miss out. Eligibility criteria apply.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Plus Scam!!?

It's not a scam. tel.st addresses are real Telstra short addresses.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hey @Jakelark,

Thanks for reaching out, and for your continued diligence in keeping your account secure. We've recently released a bunch of promotional material around Telstra Plus, our new rewards program, which includes outbound messaging to our customers directly.

If you wanted to view more information about this, you can do so here: https://tel.st/nfldm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Accepted Solution

It's not a scam. tel.st addresses are real Telstra short addresses.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hey @Jakelark,

Thanks for reaching out, and for your continued diligence in keeping your account secure. We've recently released a bunch of promotional material around Telstra Plus, our new rewards program, which includes outbound messaging to our customers directly.

If you wanted to view more information about this, you can do so here: https://tel.st/nfldm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Mcan

Hi - I’ve logged a call about the $75 box office credit I have to redeem as part of Telstra Plus. That was last week and I still have no respiration to my issue as I can’t get the credit into box office!
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Mcan,

I'm sorry that there has been a delay in having this resolved for you as yet. Was there a reference number provided starting with an INT or SR that we would be able to request further followup on for you? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Mcan

INT 1-2068015792217
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Mcan, thank you for that. Regrettably we cannot access accounts here due to privacy reasons however if this has been raised with our team over the phone, they will be investigating this further. Let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Eagles1818
Level 2: Rookie

Well it is actually a scam because when you try and redeem the link does not work and Telstra make it so hard to solve

That's not the definition of a scam. A scam is a "sham scheme" designed to obtain a financial gain via deception.

What is actually occurring is a back end database fault.

Tim119

I contacted Telstra five times was told it's was a system error as I could not activate our Gold Plus voucher of $110  wasted a lot of time my wife activated her Silver voucher of $75 and now her Telstra Plus TV Box Office is $0 with only one purchase. The voucher offer ended yesterday. No one has contacted us so hope your concerns get a more positive result.

Support Team
Support Team

That's certainly not the kind of experience we aim to provide, Tim. Do you have an open complaint about this at all? I'd like to know a case manager is taking a closer look at the specifics. - Matthew. 

Tim119

So sorry for late reply Mathew if it could be looked into it would really helpful thank you Tim

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for your response @Tim119

We would need a complaints reference number to contact the case manager connected to this. Do you have that handy?

I look forward to your response.

- Jimmy

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now