CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Security

Hi all

So wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem...

I had my Telstra account hacked a while back - they changed my password and the answer to my secret question (yes, that should make us all feel secure...)

The main problem is the resolution to this issue (whihc after two months is zero). Telstra did reset my password and stated they changed the answer to my security question. They then suggested that I change the securiy question to ensure account security.

And that's the problem... I can't change the security question because the system doesn't accept my previous "answer" to my security question nor does it accept the answer Telstra provided me with. This has been with their back office tecnical people for two months and they are unable to change my answer or my question - essentailly leaving me with an account that I can no longer control...

I and just noticed one of my phone accounts going ballistic lately

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered anything similar

Thanks

Nick

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra Security

Hi the_llama

When you say your Telsyra account, are you referring to your MyAccount? If so, chat to our MyAccount support team on 1800 266 000, or here: http://tel.st/8qpr and we can follow this up with you.

Cheers,

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit