CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra website sending sms and make calls

Is it possible once logged into the website or any part of Telstra online services that you can send sms and make calls without your phone being used.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra website sending sms and make calls

No.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

@Dave9999 wrote:

Is it possible once logged into the website or any part of Telstra online services that you can send sms and make calls without your phone being used.

@Dave9999 Included with Windows 10 is the "Your Phone" app that you can do all that on (No idea on the MAC,  I stay away from anything iOS)

I don't use it for calls, but SMS is handy as being able to type on a full keyboard for me is far better :-)

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

There has to be

Highlighted

Is that the only way you can access it

Highlighted

@Dave9999 wrote:

Is that the only way you can access it

@Dave9999 For that app yes. You can use other things such as Google Voice

There are other options available as well but as mentioned above, nothing from Telstra directly.

Highlighted

Even for it to show up on my bill... I have just had Melbourne Telstra ring me, complaints department, someone accessed my account on the website using my number and setting it up with a different email address.. Apparently you can have several profiles setup for the one number, that I didn’t make

@Dave9999 First off, my mistake, Google Voice only works in the US.

I would call Telstra personally and discuss your account issues. I wouldn't respond from a call-in unless you are absolutely sure of the source.

There is just too much fraud of people pretending to be from Telstra and other businesses.

Highlighted

This has been a long running dispute with Telstra the ombudsman and now the police, Telstra don’t send a verification to your phone to verify anything, my ex was allowed to use my phone number and setup an online account using a different email address, apparently you can have something like 7 different profiles hooked up to the one number so she was able to track me, check on call logs, pretty much do whatever she wanted, and as well as that made phone calls from my account which are on the bill, because of this I’m now in legal trouble, so I need to know definitely if you can make calls from the web or app from any device, Telstra won’t even give me the IP address that was used

Highlighted

How did she make phone calls from your account? She would need to have your phone to do that.

You can't make calls or send messages from a phone number without access to the phone.

If you contact the Privacy officer via the link at the bottom of the page, you will be able to register a complaint about the inappropriate access. You will also be able to request a copy of your metadata, which will include all outbound details.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit