veeblefetzer
Level 6: Bloodhound

Tracking

Not so much a question.  Just whinging to the bottomless pit that is Telstra.

I organised a cable connection a few months back.  All went well.  Today I felt like checking the email for the account and it occurred to me then that no one told me what a) the mailbox address was and b) the password for it.

Are we surprised?

So I discovered my email address in MyAccount along with the one for my 4G service.  Great! I think.  I'll just go reset the password and go from there.

From the login to Telstra page I select the reset option.  Then I get this mess ...

telstrapwd.jpg

Isn't this pretty.  Latest Firefox in case you're wondering.  I ask myself surely they can't be stuck in the 90s as I remember it.  So upon examining the web console I find this.

telstraTracking.jpg

Ahh I get it.  I have tracking protection bolted down and selecting the password reset is going from telstra.com.au to telstra.com (no .au) and everything gets blocked.

"Firefox will block content loaded from domains that track users across sites."

Telstra must really struggle to get intelligent employees.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Tracking

Hi veeblefetzer, I can appreciate how frustrating this is becoming. Can I ask if you can try clearing your cache and cookies and perhaps look at a different browser to access the password reset tool. You can also look at getting your username/password by clicking on https://tel.st/4namm

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now