David_Crossley
Level 1: Cadet

Transferring a Username

I am the owner of a small business which has had a Telstra account since the business was started in 1996.  I have now decided to retire and close down the business.

Yesterday I went to a Telstra shop where a new Telstra personal account was created for me with my personal email address as the username.  Then my mobile phone service was transferred from the business account to the new personal account.

However, the business account also had my personal email address as the username, so I now have two Telstra accounts with the same username.  Consequently, I’m unable to register my new personal account so I can access it online because when I enter my email address to register the new account, the system says that the username is already in use.

Is it possible to transfer the username from the business account to my new personal account?  Following the transfer of my mobile service, the business account now has no services connected to it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
David_Crossley
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Transferring a Username

Actually, my original post was not completely accurate. The existing Telstra account that has the same username as my new personal account is actually a second business account that includes the NBN service for the business. So the question really is whether the username for this second business account can be changed to an email address associated with the business rather than my personal email address.
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Transferring a Username

Hi @David_Crossley,

Sorry for the delay in replying. If you have not followed this up since your post, please chat with our online team at https://tel.st/ludxa who can review your account and discuss further. 

Don't hesitate to let us know how you go, or contact us about any other matter. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now