sean222
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to contact telstra

The chat feature has been replaced by an AI that always informs you that Telstra are "experiencing higher than usual activity and wait times will be significantly increased."

This happens regardless of the time of day. 5am on a public holiday; higher than expected activity and wait times... 10pm in a Friday evening; higher than expected activity and wait times... It's rubbish and deceptive. The wait times are higher because Telstra have sacked most their staff. Not only that, after you wait for 20 minutes it simply throws an error and cuts you off. No way to even request a call back.

All i want to do is ask for the "Message Bank Plus" service be removed from my phone and to be reimbursed for the charges... I neither ordered it nor do i want it.

Sean.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Unable to contact telstra

Hello
I'm not Telstra.
You can also use Telstra Live Chat
Thanks
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
sean222
Level 1: Cadet

The live chat has an AI goal keeper that tried to connect me to a "real person"... This is when you get the message about long wait times and then the error... "try again later"
Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate your patience, Sean. Sorry for the frustration. I recommend you give us a call on 13 22 00, to ask to have this service removed and any invalid charges credited back.

Appreciate your patience, please let us know how you get on. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more