CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Who do I speak to about sim replacement?

I have an existing Telstra plan with a micro sim, and I got a new phone that now needs a nano sim. The guy in the Telstra shop couldn't change the sim in-store because of the type of plan I'm on, but he gave me a nano sim and said I had to call 13 22 00. So I called... none of the voice options have anything to do with sim replacement. Finally I spoke to a human and they said they couldn't do it and I had to activate the sim online. The URL they gave me had nothing to do with sim replacement (only activating a brand new sim), so I tried the online chatbot. That said SIM replacement had to be done over the phone at 13 22 00. So I called again... and none of the voice options have anything to do with sim replacement. I finally spoke to a human who asked for the number of my last bill, which of course I didn't have with me, so that call went no further.

WHO DO I SPEAK TO TO GET A REPLACEMENT SIM ACTIVATED?

Why does it have to be so hard?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Who do I speak to about sim replacement?

The guy in the Telstra shop should have been able to do it. They do it on a daily basis.

Try calling 125111 and see if the mobile assurance team can sort it out for you.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

The guy in the shop said he couldn't do it because of the type of grandfathered plan I'm on. But I'll try that phone number if that's more direct than the 13 22 00 maze. Thanks.

Highlighted

125 111 just goes into the 13 22 00 maze. Anyway, I persisted and lucked onto a person who sort of knew what they were doing. It only took 45 minutes on the phone to activate the new sim. Well, to place the order to activate the new sim. The sim isn't actually activated yet.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit