CrowdSupport®
steveross
Level 3: Gumshoe

locked out of signing into telstra.com/myaccount

Answered

the word username and the word password stays in the box and if i type my username it goes over the top of the word username . any answers people?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: locked out of signing into telstra.com/myaccount

I've observed the rendering issue before, but since you haven't given us information about your operating environment (operating system and browser application names and versions used), I'm not going to try and recall what I was using at the time.
  1. Clear (or delete) the cookies in your browser, and try again.
  2. Clear the cookies in your browser, then restart your browser, and try again.
  3. Use (after you download and install it, if you haven't already) a different browser and try again.

If your account is locked out, it should be automatically unlocked in “three hours” (but I don't think the lock-out period is actually 180 minutes), and as a customer I was previously advised by CSRs that they are powerless to unlock it sooner, whether they changed my password for me or not. Obviously, try to use the correct password once you find that the account has been unlocked; if you aren't sure, then it's probably prudent to ring up and (after your identity has been validated) ask for your password to be reset.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

I've observed the rendering issue before, but since you haven't given us information about your operating environment (operating system and browser application names and versions used), I'm not going to try and recall what I was using at the time.
  1. Clear (or delete) the cookies in your browser, and try again.
  2. Clear the cookies in your browser, then restart your browser, and try again.
  3. Use (after you download and install it, if you haven't already) a different browser and try again.

If your account is locked out, it should be automatically unlocked in “three hours” (but I don't think the lock-out period is actually 180 minutes), and as a customer I was previously advised by CSRs that they are powerless to unlock it sooner, whether they changed my password for me or not. Obviously, try to use the correct password once you find that the account has been unlocked; if you aren't sure, then it's probably prudent to ring up and (after your identity has been validated) ask for your password to be reset.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
steveross
Level 3: Gumshoe

thanks excuse me for not knowing whats tags mean ?

Please don't worry about the tags thing – it's just a way of classifying posts with user-contributed metadata, so that it may be more readily searchable in the future by semantic content.
——

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@steveross wrote:

thanks excuse me for not knowing whats tags mean ?

Tags help other users find posts..... I really don't see them being used much here though.

To provide "Kudos" or a High Five, simply select the Star next to someones name Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now