CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

porting

Answered

I have applied for port my wife number on 31/08/2019. Still waiting for portability. I have spent 40$ for kit also. They are not refunding that one also. Daily i chat with customer talk with portability team and raise d the issue also but still no response. I went to telstra office also 4 times but no response. I said cancel the order. Our team is working. Worst customer service from every end. Any one can help out to cancel the order and get my money backb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: porting

Hello @Nannu22 You may come across delays getting orders through as we deal with some tech difficulties following a recent upgrade. We know how important your time is and we are working as quickly as possible to get this fixed for you. There could be a number of reasons for a port delay, however as you've been checking in with support they should have let you know if there was anything wrong with your request, instead I expect it's just awaiting processing as we work through a backlog. I apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

No one here can do anything to cancel your order or get your money back. You would need to call the Prepaid Team on 125 8880, or chat via Livechat.

There was an issue with Telstra's systems over the weekend that may have caused a delay in porting, but that has since been resolved and you would now be waiting on your wife's current carrier to port the number (Telstra just puts in a request to them and the other carrier has to put a redirect in their numbering database to point callers to Telstra's network).

You could lodge a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints if you wish.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I went today also but no response 

If you mean that you lodged a complaint, it can take up to 5 business days to get an initial response. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

So whats d solution now 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hello @Nannu22 You may come across delays getting orders through as we deal with some tech difficulties following a recent upgrade. We know how important your time is and we are working as quickly as possible to get this fixed for you. There could be a number of reasons for a port delay, however as you've been checking in with support they should have let you know if there was anything wrong with your request, instead I expect it's just awaiting processing as we work through a backlog. I apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I agree with everything but tell me how long it will take it’s already been one week. I have again recharge optus and spend money on both sides.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

What have the pre-paid team advised you about this situation when you last spoke to them?

-Kieran

Highlighted

Similar problem here. Been waiting for a week to port in to Telstra. Still no resolution. I’ve been to the Telstra shop, they couldn’t even get tech support themselves. Promised to email me to provide an update on my problem. No email received to date. Been chatted twice online, no resolution. Telstra then called from 03 9065 700 number to “help me” resolve the issue. The operator asked me to hold the line while transferring me to the port in department. Well... it’s been an hour and still on hold.

I received billing account number seconds after I signed in with them, so they can start billing. However, 6 days later I am still not connected to Telstra Network. If this is to hard, I’m happy to cancel the contract as Telstra has not delivering the service they should under the contract.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit