Deeke
Level 2: Rookie

Access denied

I am getting Access denied for two US websites 1. www.kmart.com and 2. www.tracfone.com.  I get this same response whether using Windows 10, Internet explorer on an android tablet and using Safari on my apple laptop. Can anyone give me a clue on what is going on.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Access denied

Yes same here - cable in Melbourne, both appear to be webserver configuration issues.
Level 24: Supreme Being

Definitely a problem on the other end. Can't access via my TPG connection either.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Misconfiguration on both servers for sure... I cannot access it from any of my several different connection points all around the world...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Deeke

Thanks.
Deeke

Thanks all for your input. I have a friend in the USA who has been able to get on to the www.kmart.com website and the www.tracfone.com website today, so the problem seems to be in the Australian end of the system.

OK, I have revisited it and it seems that there must be some geoblock on these two sites... I cannot access them through AARnet, Microsoft Azure and Telstra...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Deeke

Frustrating as I wanted to update my Tracfone subscription from Aus,

Highlighted

Use a VPN that goes through a US server and you can get access.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Deeke

Thanks,

I'll look into a VPN

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more