Highlighted
ausguide
Level 1: Cadet

DNS Resolution Issue

HI

Recently we have changed over a websites from one hosing provider to another (not with Telstra/bigpond) however I have been advised that Bigpond customers are still seeing the old website after more than a week. The updated A records have propagated OK as far as I can see but it seems that Bigpond are caching the DNS.

How can I get this resolved?

Domain is www.jhondajansen.com.au 
New Site IP is 172.104.170.216 

Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: DNS Resolution Issue

That IP address shows Gold Coast Upholstery, so I'm assuming it is a shared IP address on the hosting service. As far as accessing the site via the domain name, I can't access it via my mobile (Telstra) or my work connection (TPG/overseas).

And if I go to a registry and type the name in, it says that the domain name is available and that I can register it. It sounds like the registration for your domain name has not occurred, which is probably the main reason why it's not working.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

website doesn't propagate on Telstra residential fixed-line or Telstra internet direct servers either
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

www.jhondajansen.com.au does not resolve on AARNET either.
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

I've tried a number of lookups through various registries. jhondajansen.com.au is not a registered domain name, therefore it can't resolve as it doesn't exist.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more