CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
outspoken
Level 1: Cadet

Many of our subscribers with @bigpond.com addresses are complaining they don't get our emails

Hi, I run Outspoken in Maleny www.outspokenmaleny.com  We send out emails to our customer base through Benchmarkemail, about 900 subscribers. People with bigpond.com addresses aren't getting them and they're not in they're spam folders. they're upset about this! They want the emails. Is there someway to unblock things with Telstra?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Many of our subscribers with @bigpond.com addresses are complaining they don't get our emails

Hi outspoken,

Thanks for reaching out, I'm very sorry to hear of the troubles your subscribers are experiencing in not being able to receive your emails. We don't block any sites, however, if you would like to check to see if your address is on a blocklist, you can check via spamhaus; http://tel.st/ehr26.

Let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

outspoken

Re: Many of our subscribers with @bigpond.com addresses are complaining they don't get our emails

Dear Renee, thanks so much for getting back to me. I wasn't aware of the Spamhaus project - which is important and useful. I followed the link and found that my website at stevenlang.com.au and outspokenmaleny.com are both okay but my IP address is listed in the PBL list. I followed the link to that and found myself immediately out of my depth. Do I want to remove this IP address from the PBL? I don't know. Outspokenmaleny presents a series of author events (eight years now) in Maleny SE Qld. Most of our communication is through emails sent from Benchmarkemail. Lots of our customers are complaining (some quite vehemently I should say) that they're not getting our emails and so are missing out on the author events (we're regional so this sort of thing is important to people). Can you give me advice? Should I say yes to removing the IP address from the PBL list? All the best, Steven

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me Steven, I'm glad you found the link and website useful, it's always handy to know there is a place you can check for any possibility of being blocked, specifically for services such as what you offer.

Unsure if you looked through the removal of your IP from PBL, there is some info that might also prove helpful; http://tel.st/w46su

Being on that list itself does not mean your blocked, however, if you are experiencing your email being blocked, it does advise check SMTP Outgoing Authentication. 

This is something our tech team should be able to assist you further with and ensure all your settings are set to allow for your emails to be received by BigPond email clients.

Our tech team is available via live chat;  http://tel.st/hz4qj.

Please do keep me in the loop, I'm learning along with you. Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

outspoken

Thanks Renee, I'll follow these links and see what I can do. As far as I know the SMTP authorisation part was dealt with by BenchmarkEmail (at my request) a few weeks ago when I first encountered problems. (it's only recently that I've correlated evidence to the effect that it's bigpond addresses that are being blocked), regards, Steven

Support Team
Support Team

Hi, thank you for getting back to my colleague Renee. I shall pass your reply to her as soon as possible Steven and than you once again. 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now