Highlighted
AdrianMula
Level 2: Rookie

My website is blocked by Telstra

Hi,

It appears that when clients try and access my website from a telstra connection they are blocked how can i fix this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: My website is blocked by Telstra

What is your website? We would need to have a look to see what might be causing it to be blocked.

A complete guess would be that your site uses Wordpress and that the template that you are using has raised a red flag with the security scans (seen a few of these recently).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AdrianMula

Hi Jupiter,

my website is www.qldcapitalsolutions.com.au
it is a wordpress site and has been up and running for about 6 months but no one can give me an answer as to why Telstra customers cant bring up my site?

I can bring it up on my Telstra mobile (but it is slow to load). I'll run some tests and see if anything gets flagged.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AdrianMula

Yes that's the strange part i can access it from Mobiles but not through Telstra business landline connections?
Thanks for taking a look.
Level 21: Augmented

@AdrianMula,

Hmmm... This is a new one... To me it does not look like Telstra is blocking you, this looks more like your site is blocking Telstra... I am getting 403 Forbidden from your site, not from Telstra... I can get there if I use https but then I get insecure site warning (not valid SSL cert and later heaps of security errors)…

Considering that you're offering financial services, running over secure link should be a MUST for you - I would not do any business with you... 

VirusTotal does not report your site as malicious, so I would be looking at your side of the equation, instead of blaming Telstra...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
AdrianMula

Thanks for your feed back i did raise the SSL certificate with Netregistry and they informed be as my site is non transactional and only informational it wasn't required.

As i now understand this is basically a requirement by Google so it's something i can implement ASAP but when you get told that the fault is with Telstra and it only seams to happen when accessing the site from a Telstra connection you can understand why i'm thinking it's a Telstra issue.

The security errors you mentioned was of interest to me when i saw this part. a security certificate is in place called ssllock.net

Also this was only the case when https://qldcapitalsolutions.com.au was entered in to a chrome browser when i tried it from a IE it was slow but it loaded??

SO, I can open your site if I am hooked to AARNet, but it takes ages to open - it comes with up to 25 seconds of Waiting (TTFB) (https://scaleyourcode.com/blog/article/27). Something is seriously unhealthy on that server...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

From my work connection (TPG, but via the US), I get the following error using Edge:qld.PNG

While I can proceed to your site, your security certificate does need fixing.

AdrianMula

Thanks for that it's starting to make sense that the SSL lack of or security certificate is the issue i'll contact Netregistry again. 

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more