CrowdSupport®
Level 20: Director

Community Profile Image

Greetings again dear friends! Smiley Happy

I haven't been active on the Community for quite some time due to other commitments not allowing the leisure for social media involvement.

Some may know me under a different username which, due to popular demand, has recently been kindly changed to reflect an 'affectionate' variant of my real name. As per suggestion, I opted for a short one as they're becoming more and more rare in availability. Staff and member opinions are welcome.

Hopefully my activity within the Community will steadily increase, time permitting, with ample contributions to posted content.

I do have a question in relation to user profile image, which I believe is currently limited to one chosen from the stock avatar collection; although I could be very wrong here. My question is whether it's possible to use a custom image such as a photo of one's self on their profile, and if so, how is this achieved? Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Great to see everyone (or at least their screen names Smiley LOL ) again and I look forward to further interaction with Community participants.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Community Profile Image

Hello Tezz,

Nice to make your acquaintance.

I gather you mean the image next to your name?

I simply went to Settings  and imported an image that was on my PC....as below

Settings.... then Avatars    ....   then "Upload your own avatar"

That's it !!

Best wishes

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Hello Professor Phone,

Likewise, and thank you indeed for your response.

Yes, that's the image to which I'm referring. Unfortunately, for some unknown to me reason, the suggested method of uploading an image via the 'Avatar' tab isn't an option on my account as far as I can see so I'm assuming it may be a privilege available only to members who have reached a higher Community status. I guess we'll find out eventually.Smiley Very Happy

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Level 22: Superhuman

Hello Terry
I'm not sure of your reason, as I only did mine quite recently, having increased already a few ranks
Kind regards
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Level 23: Superhero

Good evening Terry.

Whilst the basic method to input a personal Avatar is correct what you weren't told is, that there is a qualifiying period of use and ranking to be achieved as decided and determined by site management.

They will monitor your use and when they see fit will advise you and open that aspect up for you to upload your avatar.

Yes I know you have previously been a member and have a carry over of posts etc. etc., but this applys to all returning after an extended period or indeed new members.

Look forward to your contribution on CS.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Good evening Deanja,

Thank you indeed for confirming my assumption as appears above.

As for having 'previously been a member', this would imply membership was terminated and re-established which isn't the case, therefore, I would have to indicate an error in the wording for that component of your sentence.

Thanks again for your contribution and keep up the great work.

Kind regards,

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now