CrowdSupport®
jbinsjx
Level 2: Rookie

How do I delete my account in CrowdSupport?

Hello,

I thought I had to sign up using my Telstra account email so I used my work email. I would still like to be part of CrowdSupport but use a personal email instead. How do I delete my account in CrowdSupport?

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Support Team
Support Team

Re: How do I delete my account in CrowdSupport?

Thanks for coming through. Are you sure it's necessary to delete your current account? Are you no longer employed with Telstra?

- Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jbinsjx

Is it possible to use different emails for CrowdSupport and the account used for billing? I use my work email for billing and I thought you had to use the same one for CrowdSupport. Is it possible to use separate emails? If not, I'd like to delete my CrowdSupport account so as not to receive these emails from my work emails anymore.
Support Team
Support Team

There's no requirement to use the same email address for both. Can you change your email address in crowdsupport okay? Otherwise, if you don't want CS updates landing in your work inbox, you could mark them as spam. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

jbinsjx

How do I change the email used in CrowdSupport?
Support Team
Support Team

In your profile (click your avatar in the top right of the screen), there's a 'Subscriptions and 'Notifications' tab.
In there you'll find 'Notification Settings'.

You can choose which events trigger emails. 

Can you get there okay? 
- Matthew.

jbinsjx

But that doesn't change the email address I use. I'd like to change the email address I use or delete the account entirely.
Support Team
Support Team

I am sorry you are unable to change the email address on your CrowdSupport profile.

You may like to consider creating a new CrowdSupport sign up with an email address you would prefer to use. 

jbinsjx

I've done that. Now can I close this account on CrowdSupport?
Support Team
Support Team

I am sourcing the information for you, it may take time I am sorry for that.

You can turn off notifications on the old one and I will send you all the links and information on cancelling the account as soon as possible.

Sorry for the delay.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi

Can you confirm the username of the account  you want to delete.

Looking forward to your reply 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi jbinsjx. Appreciate your patience. We don't delete accounts, they're archived after a period of inactivity. I encourage you to switch off all notifications for your original account so you don't get any more of those emails, and only post from the new account you've made.

Thanks for coming through. Please let us know if there's anything else we can clarify. - Matthew.

jbinsjx

I'm pretty sure there's a privacy violation there when you have my contact details without my consent. These messages have me formally requesting that my email be removed from this platform yet you have refused.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Your email address isn't publicly visible; it's only available to the Crowdsupport team. We do have the capacity to change (but not delete) the email address in the original account, so do you have a third email address you'd like to use? - Matthew.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now