CrowdSupport®
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Introduce yourself to the community!

Hey all,

This thread can be used to introduce yourself to the community. Just say hello or maybe even add a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel comfortable with I'll start it off I'm Yannick, I joined Telstra in July, but have been lurking around for quite a while now. I'm the community manager here at CrowdSupport so should you have any suggestion or need anything, don't hesitate to give me a shout!

So that’s a bit about me and I am looking forward to seeing you all in the forums soon!

Yannick Pierre in Melbourne
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
189 REPLIES 189
Support Team
Support Team

thedylan: portrait of an admin

Hi Everybody!

I'll start the introduction ball rolling with an introduction of myself: my Earth name is Dylan, and this the first time I've ever used the word "introduction" so many times in a sentence. I have been sent here from my home planet to help you use these forums in the most efficient and effective way possible. I am well versed in a number of languages including English, and some others that I can assure you aren't made up. I have been working at Telstra for nearly four years now, helping customers via phones, email and live chat before a year ago joining our Social Media team and talking to you via Twitter, Facebook and Whirlpool where I have learnt all sorts of new acronyms.

My job here will be to moderate the forums, review flagged posts, and occasionally to step in and join the conversation every now and then when it is needed. I'll do my best to help in any way that I can. But that's boring* so let's talk about me.

I love a good game, and spend most of my spare time attached to my PS3 playing NBA 2K11, and have been playing the GTAs ever since the very first overhead view one. I'm still plugging away with an iPhone 3GS that is starting to get a bit long in the tooth, but is still probably the best mobile phone I've ever used. I have been a Port Adelaide since before I can remember (or at least I'm told that). I look forward to seeing you on the forums, although if I have to delete something you've said then I obviously won't be looking quite as forward to that. I really thought you were above that <shakes head>.

See ya round!

-Dylan

*Not a guarantee that the next bit will be less boring.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Support Team
Support Team

Greg_Buch: Plagiariser of an introduction title format :)

Hi all, and welcome to the CrowdSupport forums! My name’s Greg, and I’m part of the Telstra social media team in Adelaide. I’ve been working for the company for nearly five years, and have been part of this particular team since March 2010.

Much like a digital David Carradine1, I’ll be wandering the boards distributing kudos, dropping knowledge, and brandishing my shiny +3 combined mod-stick and ban-hammer as required Smiley Happy

My life outside of work is pretty full at the moment - my wife and I had our first child (a boy) a few months ago, and I’m also working on progressive home renovations (currently into their fourth year). Back in the dark ages when I had some free time I enjoyed retrogaming, film and TV, reading, and being a general know-it-all Smiley Happy

I’m excited at the opportunity to be part of these forums from the outset, and look forward to the support we can provide for each other!

Greg

1Anyone under 30, just Wiki the TV series ‘Kung Fu'...

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

StephenD-What does one put in a subject header anyway?

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to CrowdSupport!

I will never be as witty as my colourful counterparts, Dylan, Greg or Scott, so please feel free to slip in and out of consciousness while reading my addition to the welcome board.

I have been working with the Telstra Social Media Team down in Adelaide for about 12 months now, off the back of three years overall experience within Telstra, and you will see me snooping around the forums and lending a hand when needed. Also, although I don't like to point this out, I will be the person you enter into heated debate with if feel like re-writing our guidelines to suite your purposes.

The community is yours to use and share and I am open to discussion and feedback about how we are managing this to work for you. Please hit me up via Private Message if you have any questionsSmiley Happysmileyvery-happy:

Support Team
Support Team

Re: Greg_Buch: Plagiariser of an introduction title format :)

That's some nice posting Mr B.

-Dylan

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

ScottBarratt - Insert Witty Introduction Title

Yo!

Welcome to the Community. My name is Scott, and like Dylan, Stephen and Greg, I'm part of the Social Media Team in Adelaide. You might have possibly seen me posting from @Telstra on Twitter, or as Scott@Telstra on Whirlpool, as well as our official Facebook page, if not, nice to meet you!

Like the other dudes, I'm part of the Moderator team in the Community, and looking forward to banning heaps of people. Bascially, I'll be hanging around handling the general upkeep of the SITE, reviewing/moving/editing posts and helping out with questions where I can!

Outside of work, I'm pretty keen on music (particularly indie/alt/80s-90s rap/electro), travelling, urban/street art, gaming (PS3/PC), internet culture, and reading., and am always keen to discuss these topics with like minded people.

Anyway, catch you around!

- Scott

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: ScottBarratt - Insert Witty Introduction Title

How you doing Buddy!

Great to have you onboardSmiley Happy

Level 20: Director

Hey guys.

Thanks for the invite, glad to be here.

Problems with Cable?  

I am here to help!

Support Team
Support Team

Great to have you on board Extreame,

Look forward to your sage advice on the forum mate.

-Dylan

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: thedylan: portrait of an admin

BOOM SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE THE ROOM Robot wink

Beau
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Hello world - thanks for the invite; good to be here. Just trying to get my head around this 'Lithium' software. Argh! 

Level 23: Superhero

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the invite.  Hopefully we can turn this into a great resource for Telstra and it's customers.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Hey Extreame.

Great to see a familiar name early on.  I'm sure that everyone will benefit from your knowledge and experience. Smiley Happy

If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Thanks mate.

Glad to see you here also Smiley Very Happy

I think this will be a massive benefit to everyone.

Oh yeah, welcome!

@Extreame wrote:

I think/hope so.  Hopefully it'll be a great resource for those who don't want to use something like WP, or feel overwhelmed by it, or are made to not feel welcome there.

I think by keeping a narrow focus on Telstra products and building a friendly helpful community this could end up being fantastic, and well done to Telstra and the social media guys for giving this a try.

Community Manager

Hey guys, glad to have you all on board Smiley Happy

Feel free to create your own Welcome topic if you feel like introducing yourself.

@Kalak wrote:

@Extreame wrote:

I think/hope so.  Hopefully it'll be a great resource for those who don't want to use something like WP, or feel overwhelmed by it, or are made to not feel welcome there.

I think by keeping a narrow focus on Telstra products and building a friendly helpful community this could end up being fantastic, and well done to Telstra and the social media guys for giving this a try.

I do think that this format is better and I see the people who are signing up (under the beta) have much knowledge to share.

The idea of having a social forum that is Telstra owned and run, is just great.

And yes - Well done to the SM team for all they have achieved in the not so distant past, the future is going to be fantastic for all involved.

I am enjoying this already!

@ScottBarratt wrote:

Hey guys, glad to have you all on board Smiley Happy

Feel free to create your own Welcome topic if you feel like introducing yourself.

Thanks, I may just do that after i eat some food!

Emissary
Level 10: Junior Detective

I wrote this!

Just thought i would leave a quick "Hello" for everyone currently registered. 

So Hi!

My name is Chris. 

I wont actually be posting any new topics in this forum however as i already have a rather large knowledge base on all things current and past with Telstra products. 

However i will be trolling around the forums to answer any and all questions new users may post in regards to questions and issue's they may have on there services. 

So thanks for the invite and look forward to being a constructive member of the community. 

Will update with something clever when the brain starts working!

Re: I wrote this!

Welcome Chris

Hope you enjoy!
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Introduction

So, where do I start?

My name is Justyn, and I'm an alcoholic .  I've been at Telstra for around 4 years now working in Technical Support doing a number of roles. Some of you will recognise me from Whirlpool mainly hanging around the BigPond, iPhone and Android forums.

I have a gorgeous Son who turned one today (I can't believe that time went so quickly). I don't really play games much, just troll around the internet mainly. :-)

Blakel
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Hi everyone!

Hi There all you early adopters.

Glad to be on board and glad to see some already familiar names!.

My name is Blake and I have been hanging with the Whirlpool crew for a few years, Also joined the Telstra team just shy of 6 years ago.

Starting my time as being a Sales Assistant, I have also been a credited Business expert, Tech expert and am now an Assistant store manager at one of the local stores in my area.

I'd be happy to help with helping you make the correct decisions with your Telstra services, as well as answering any questions you may have.

As said, I would be happy to help with anything so feel free to shoot.

Looking forward to watching these forums grow..

The views and opinions in this post are purely of my own and not of Telstra.
Blakel

Re: Introduction

Welcome, Justyn. 

Glad to see you here! 

EDIT: Oh and happy birthday for your young one! Smiley Very Happy

Blakel

Hi Extreme!

I have been following your posts elsewhere on the 'other' forum Smiley Tongue always extremely  informative and helpful posts.

Glad to see you here.

@Blakel wrote:

Hi Extreme!

I have been following your posts elsewhere on the 'other' forum Smiley Tongue always extremely  informative and helpful posts.

Glad to see you here.

Hey Blakel

Thanks for your support, I am sure we can do the same here to further help the community.

Welcome.

Re: Hi everyone!

Mate

Glad to have your skills available here.

@Juzman wrote:

So, where do I start?

My name is Justyn, and I'm an alcoholic .  I've been at Telstra for around 4 years now working in Technical Support doing a number of roles. Some of you will recognise me from Whirlpool mainly hanging around the BigPond, iPhone and Android forums.

I have a gorgeous Son who turned one today (I can't believe that time went so quickly). I don't really play games much, just troll around the internet mainly. :-)

Hi Justyn

Wait til your son turns into a teenager (like mine!), then you will remove that strikeout above Smiley Very Happy

Welcome to the team!

Haha, god forbid when he becomes a teenager. Smiley Tongue
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Oh yeah BTW I moved your post out from under Scott's thread, I private messaged you about it, but you can't retrieve private messages right now (we're working on it). So uhhh... surprise!

-Dylan

Thanks Dylan.

I noticed I got an email that I had recieved a PM, but I can't find the PM feature anywhere (as you have just explained).

Cheers........ awaiting PM access, I want to know what the PM was about now Smiley Wink

Support Team
Support Team

Extreame wrote: 

Cheers........ awaiting PM access, I want to know what the PM was about now Smiley Wink

It was very hush hush, can't discuss it here <touches nose conspiratorially>. And by that I mean it was just me saying I figured you should have your own thread. And it looks like I've been vindicated with all the replies. And I was never great at english.

-Dylan

LOL Smiley Very Happy, thanks mate!

Another introduction

Hi there,

My name is Kevin and I've worked at Telstra for near-on 12 years. Most of my work has been on new and emerging technologies and much of it in the messaging area. These days I work on building prototypes for future experiences.

Around here, I plan to mostly lurk, let everybody help each other out as planned, let the support guys do the support and, when something appears stuck and I have some useful info, I'll throw it in.

Hopefully we can help some people along the way.

Enjoy,

Kevin.

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]

Re: Another introduction

Hey Kevin

Welcome - please resume lurkage Smiley Wink

Community Manager

Hi Kevin.

Glad to have you aboard mate! Enjoy your lurking!

- Scott

Community Manager

Hi Justyn.

Welcome aboard! Happy Birthday to your son! It was my birthday yesterday as well Smiley Happy

- Scott

Community Manager

Hi Blake.

Glad to have you aboard, and looking forward to your contributions!

Hope you enjoy Smiley Happy

- Scott

Community Manager

Re: I wrote this!

Hi Chris.

Welcome mate, glad to have you aboard. Have fun!

- Scott

Blakel

Hi Kev, Great to see some long service here to help, well done!.

Glad to have you here mate.

Andrew

I do enjoy a good lurke myself Smiley Happy

Welcome to the party.

I can see lots of good come from a forum like this. Importantly I hope customers utilise this service to its full abilities.

Although I'm a Telstra Employee - All words are my own and represent my opinion only - not that of Telstra.
Marto87
Level 1: Cadet

Howdy

Hi guys,

Martin here, and I'm not a Telstra employee.

I was a dealer for a number of years and after that worked for another carrier until changing industry entirely in the last few months after about 6 years selling phones in retail stores.

Having said that, I maintain an interest in all things technical including mobiles and by extension; mobile carriers.. So hopefully can provide some assistance to people once the site goes live to everyone.

Good to see some familiar faces around already as well, hopefully we will get some more as time goes by!

Emissary
Level 10: Junior Detective

Re: Howdy

Welcome.

Just watch out for the cookie monster. He is scary Smiley Sad
Will update with something clever when the brain starts working!
Community Manager

I heard someone say Cookie Monster!

Anyway, welcome aboard Martin!

Hope you enjoy Smiley Happy

- Scott

Level 21: Augmented

@Emissary wrote:
Just watch out for the cookie monster. He is scary Smiley Sad

Smiley Mad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two

Mate

Welcome and enjoy!
Andrew

Go go gadet Marto!

Although I'm a Telstra Employee - All words are my own and represent my opinion only - not that of Telstra.
Andrew

Howdy Team Telstra

Hi All,

Since everyone else is doing some Intro's I figured I'd join in on the fun! Smiley Happy

I'm Andrew (well duh), and I've been a Telstra Employee for 7 years, spending the last 6.9 of those years in the woderful world or Retail, I began my career as a casual retail sales officer, to eventually moving to Retail Store Manager. Since them I've moved into the world of assigned sales where I'm currently a Mobility Sales Representative for Telstra Business.

I'm sure many have seen me on Whirlpool (.Andrew.) and I'm sure will see me here in the future!

Andrew

Hi Blake,

Congrats on the promotion - I hope you enjoy yourself in the new role.

Are you participating in the SIM sessions? or have you already graduated?

Re: Howdy Team Telstra

Hey Andrew

Welcome, and enjoy!

Blakel

Re: Howdy Team Telstra

Hi Andrew!.

Glad to see you on here mate.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now