CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Level 21: Augmented

Re: The New Member

TLuis wrote

In saying this, we are also striving to make changes to the whole of Telstra  to provide our customers, consistent qualilty support.

Cheers,

I would never have imagined this happening just a few short years ago, I've had mobiles for more than 20 years now and went to Optus about 8 years ago and only came back to Telstra about 18 months ago, the change from what it was to what it is now and the service that I've received personally this time around are worlds apart, I think you finally have a CEO that gets it which has made all the difference I believe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi from Lindy

Hey guys J

I am here to introduce myself as the newest (but oldest ) member of the Telstra Social Media Team.

This is my first post so be gentle with me. I have been employed by Telstra for a little over four years now, working in Phone Sales, then Phone Billing Inquiries, followed by 12 months in the Email world and finally 18 months answering your inquiries via Live Chat. 

Outside of work, I am fairly laid back and relaxed, have three grown children, two dogs, two cats and an amazing partner.  I am a one-eyed Collingwood Supporter, and also enjoy following Melbourne Storm in the NRL.

I am also a Telstra Consumer, with home phone, cable internet, mobile phones, wireless internet and Foxtel, so have a good insight into the products that we provide.

Looking forward to chatting with you all,

Lindy – Social Media Team Adelaide.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Re: Hi from Lindy

welcome, the team is growing fast here, good to see Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parash
Level 8: Inspector

@Lindy wrote:

Hey guys J

I am here to introduce myself as the newest (but oldest ) member of the Telstra Social Media Team.

Welcome to the community, bet you are younger than me!!!

-- Parash
Opinions expressed are mine alone.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: The New Member

Here's Hoping that Social Media Expands outside of Adelaide Smiley Wink Would be nice to see some opportunities over in Perth Smiley Very Happy

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The New Legendary Member

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joe, I'm the newest member in Telstra's Social Media Team.

I may be new in this Team but I've been with Telstra for over 5 years now, so pretty much an expert and I can help with all consumer Telstra products and services.

Started off in the BigPond Online Email Team for 2-3 years and then moved on to Live Chat Team for 2 years and now I'm here Smiley Wink.

I'm very passionate about my job here at Telstra and always look to providing the best customer service and perhaps why I was awarded Consultant of the Year in 2008 and all the other awards in between Smiley Very Happy.

A little about me:

I came over here from the Philippines with my whole family since I was 15 years old. Work in various jobs, kitchenhand, car detailer, security system sales and worked for a bank's credit collection before coming over to Telstra. My other half Nikki also works for Telstra and just recently transferred to Live Chat Team as well which I'm very happy about coming from Cancellations Team Smiley Tongue. We have 2 dogs (if you can call them that because some cats are bigger than them Smiley Very Happy)

In my spare time, I just love spending time with our dogs, read when they've taken their naps or watch movies in between. I also love catching up with friends and family.

Okay so enough about me. Let's talk about you? What do you think of me? Hehe, just kidding! Smiley Tongue

I look forward to speaking, helping or just interacting with all of you.

Thanks for reading...

Joe

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

billythekid
Level 8: Inspector

Re: The New Legendary Member

G'day Joe, welcome to crowd support.. Did any of your family work for Telstra in that very popular place called the Philipine call centre?Smiley Very Happy

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: The New Legendary Member

No billythekid, all my family members are here in Australia and not one of them work for Telstra Smiley Happy

Might have to start recruiting them LOL Smiley Very Happy

Tyrone
Level 9: Captain

Howdy Folks

Time for the introduction ,

My name is Tyrone i'm the newest member in the Telstra Social Media Team but, I must say this is the best position i have had.

I have worked for Telstra for 3 years in Online sales and billing and enjoyed it way more than retail sales Smiley Wink

When I'm not working im either using the Xbox 360 (FPS , MW3 or Battlefield3) , playing guitar in my accoustic band or watching a Sci-Fi or Horror movie somewhere .( bit of a star wars nerd)

So thats me in a nutshell  LOL Smiley Very Happy

Anyway I'll be around the site quite a bit and look forward to helping you all .

-Tyrone

Always look on the bright side of life Smiley Happy and remember, kudos it!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Team!

Hey Guys,

I'm Russ and I'm one of the new guys in the Social Media Team.

I've been with Telstra now for about 4 and a half years. 3 of those were spent on the phones in the cancellations queue. A year and a half ago I came to Online where I started on emails then switched to Live Chat and now part of Social Media where all the cool kids are and the fun stuff happens.

When I'm not at Telstra I'm a bit of a PC and Nintendo gamer, often get addicted to crazy TV shows, enjoy writing Fantasy/Sci-Fi and playing with my dog Koda (not Kudo's but they are good too).

Looking forward to doing my part in CrowdSupport.

Russ

Telstra Social Media Team

Kudo's make people Smiley Happy Remember to Kudo's!

huppypuppy
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Lindy,

As a new member of CrowdSupport, I wish you all the best!

Joe

huppypuppy

Hi to all at CrowdSupport,

Joe Hupp is my name and I am a Bigpond Wireless Broadband and Telstra Pre-paid mobile customer - I live in Dubbo, NSW! I joined to offer support and request assistance where possible - this looks like an interesting site.... thanks go to Telstra and their customer service personnel for starting this forum and allowing us to help each other!

If anyone needs help, feel free to ask - if I can help, I will.... if not, I can guide you to a place where you can find assistance!

Joe

Ben_F

Re: New member

G'day Joe, and welcome!!

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: New member

Hi there Joe,

Welcome to CrowdSupport! Smiley Very Happy

We look forward to your contributions and assistance on these forums!

Shout out to any of the moderators if you have any questions. 

Cheers,

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Introducing...... Me!

Hi Crowd!

My name is Steph and I am the latest recruit to the Telstra Social Media Team! YAY

I joined Stephen, Dylan, Scott, Justin and all the others in the team in December 2011 and I am excited to be helping you all in not just CrowdSupport but in Twitter and Facebook too.

When I joined Telstra about 3 years ago now, I was a consultant on the phones and following this I was answering your emails and Live Chats.

I’ve also worked behind the scenes with our systems to get complex problems sorted out for those troublesome unusual problems we occasionally encounter. I’ve also done a bit of Team Leading, and spent some time as a dedicated support person for our centre. So I have a wide variety of knowledge I am looking forward to giving you all a hand.

I’ve got one of just about every Telstra consumer service so I have a lot of personal experience with our products ie ADSL, Mobile Broadband, Foxtel from Telstra, Home Phone, 2 Tablets, multiple mobile phones (I just have to have the newest phones) T-Boxes (2) and a T-Hub, Home Network Extender so happy to help with any questions you have about these Smiley Happy

Outside of Telstra, I am engaged to my partner of 4 years Mark, and my ‘kids’ are 2 cats, Max and Kate, and a very excitable 18 month old golden Labrador, Chester . We are looking to add a Chocolate Lab to the bunch soon too!

My interests include computers in general, photography, music, Sims3 (as much as I hate to admit it) and CircusesSmiley Tongue

So that’s a bit about me and I am looking forward to seeing you all in the forums soon!

Re: Introducing...... Me!

welcome, nice to see the resources are expanding Smiley Happy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Welcome to the team! Anything you need, let me or Monty know. Meet you next time I'm in Adelaide. Gerd
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Welcome aboard Steph!! 

Level 23: Superhero

Welcome. Great news that Telstra continues to expand it's social media engagement/customer service with experienced reps.

Hope to see you 'around'.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Welcome to Crowd Support Steph!

Smiley Tongue 

shohrab

Re: Introduce yourself to the community!

This is my first post and i am dedicating this to the Introduction Forum as per the forum rules. Before introducing myself, I would just like to thank the Administrator of this forum for giving me opportunity to join this community.

Now, let me take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I would like to have more new friends to discuss, exchange and sharing intonations as I know to people.
I hope I will have great time here. And I’ll try to contribute to forum developed more. . As everybody knows that nowadays forums are the best source of Knowledge, and through forums we can learn a lot.

I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge. My hobbies include watching movies, reading books, listening music & making friends. Nice to meet you.

beatrijs
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Yannick. I am a new member, Beatrijs, and hope to find some answers with the help of the CrowdSupport.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello Beatrijis,

Welcome to the community & good luck with your search.

cheers

Yannick

rancid13
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Hi :)

Hey, have you got your ps3 NAT open? i have TG587n v3 and i cannot work out how to open the NAT. i've tried everything. Any help would be appreciated.

Introduction and Avatar Question

Hi everyone!

I've been posting for about a week now and I figured it was time for an introduction. You can blame the @Telstra Twitter team for linking me this site Smiley Wink My name is Chris / Lath from Queensland and I work in Telstra technical support but I post here in my own time of my own choice to help people out. Between work and peronsal interests I'm experienced in:

• ADSL
  • Cable
  • HSDPA (Wireless)
  • Velocity & NBN
  • Telstra Business Broadband
  • PSTN
  • Android Mobiles

I also have good knowledge of technology and computers in general but have no official qualifications other than a Cert III in IT unfortuantely.

I also have a question about custom avatars, I attempted to follow the help in how to change mine to something I uploaded but I don't have the option to choose from gallery, I'm assuming this would indicate that the image hasn't been approved yet?  Thanks in advance Smiley Wink

Lathania

Re: Introduction and Avatar Question

not sure about the other guys that have changed theirs but mine is externally hosted (the from the web option) and worked straight away when I did it
Level 22: Superhuman

I attempted to follow the help in how to change mine to something I uploaded but I don't have the option to choose from gallery, I'm assuming this would indicate that the image hasn't been approved yet?
I'd think so. If you also have the same image hosted elsewhere on the Web that is publicly accessible, you could try using it by supplying its URL instead.

D'oh, beaten to the punch!
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Under Avatars I don't have any options other than "From the Community" ? Tried the latest IE and Firefox thinking it may have been a browser issue too.

Lathania

I see three tabs: «From the Community», «From Uploaded Images», and «From the Web». I'm not sure if the second and third tabs come with age (of the account).
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
gwmbox
Level 13: Super Sleuth

I think you will find it is related to some l;evel of posts and/or the kudos etc.  So it is not abused or used wrongly the setup may be that no user avatars until a certain time, post count etc.

Just my thoughts on it Smiley Happy

GW

Roll on the NBN!

very likely I would think GW
micheall

Hello!!!

I'm micheall and a newbie here!!! I really like this community!!!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello micheall,

Thank you for introducing yourself to the Crowdsupport. I’m very pleased to hear from you and look forward to reading your comments and contributions in the community!

Cheers

Yannick

I've hit 50(*) now and I still don't have the option lol. Think its more of a time thing or "ranking" ?
Lathania

Think its more of a time thing or "ranking" ?

Ranking, I'd say. The badges have a one-to-one mapping to rank titles, which are primarily a function of the number of kudos a user has received within the most past six months, at a guess, although Yannick has alluded to it being more complex than that.

Prior to April, I think the thresholds were:

≥ 150 → Honoured Contributor

≥ 120 → Valued Contributor

≥ 100 → Esteemed Contributor

≥  80 → Respected Contributor

≥  70 → Trusted Contributor

≥  60 → Super Contributor

or some such, but they got raised around end of March/start of April, probably on April Fools Day. Robot tongue It now takes 200 to make Honoured Contributor, for example, as far as I've observed.

Super Contributor, or whatever corresponded to the old 50-kudos rank (Senior Contributor?), may well be the minimum rank to have custom avatar allowed by profile.

Most of the above is only guesswork, of course.

——

Hmmm, interesting. I just noticed that user JessicaKathleen, with five posts to her name and no kudos at the time of writing, has a custom avatar image (that is externally hosted).
——

Ben_F

@Drat wrote:
Hmmm, interesting. I just noticed that user JessicaKathleen, with five posts to her name and no kudos at the time of writing, has a custom avatar image (that is externally hosted).

Have a feeling its a Facebook pic. Have you linked your facebook account at all?

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F wrote:
Have you linked your facebook account at all?

I don't have a Facebook account. JessicaKathleen's custom avatar image is hosted on a Facebook server, however.

——

No I haven't linked it yet, might give it a shot though.
Lathania

Hey everyone,

As you can see I finally have my picture up and shiny. Not too sure what happened, Russ said that you can indeed get one if you link your Facebook which I wasn't that interested in or you need to have one of the "Red" ranks from what I understand. Buuuuut it's working now and I'm not complaining Smiley Wink Thanks for everyones input and welcome!
Lathania

Re: Introduction

hi friends have a nice day..................Smiley Very Happy

diyana

Re: Introduction

I am very happy to join here...........

aparnaa

Hello!!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and happy to be a part of this community!!  I'm aquiring lots of information here!!!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Hello!!

Hi Aparnaa, 

Great to hear it! 

Look forward to seeing you around the place :-) 

Level 23: Superhero

Re: Hello!!

Welcome.

It's great to see you finding the site useful. It's why Telstra set it up Smiley Happy
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Introducing.....Esther

Hi all!

My name is Esther I'm the newest team member to the Telstra Social Media team! Smiley Happy

I started with Telstra in April 2009 in the Move area as a consultant on the phones so I know my Fixed line info pretty well and the system knowledge behind this. I then moved to Fixed and Bigpond Disconnections dealing with customers wanting to leave Telstra and assisting in resolving their queries and reasons behind wanting to leave. Also dealing directly with customers who had lodged complaints with us and case managing these until they were resolved.

I moved to our Online centre in December 2011 and worked in emails and Live chat assisting customers 24/7 and recently moving into Social Media in July Smiley Happy

During my time at Telstra I have assisted consultants support across both centres as Floor support dealing with customers queries, helping to troubleshoot issues, think outside the square and find a resolution to the customers queries.

Outside of Telstra, I am a qualified freelance Make up artist and stylist and also have a Arbonne business that I do part time.

I enjoy spending time with my boyfriend and friends, love my music, Apple products, keeping up to date to new TV shows/ movies Smiley Happy

Look forward to seeing you all in the forums Smiley Happy

Esther

Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Introducing.....Esther

Welcome to Crowdsupport Esther...Smiley Very Happy

Welcome ^_^
Lathania

Welcome Esther!

Have I been helpful? Click that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Found a solution? Then mark the solution in the thread to help others find the answer!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Welcome to CrowdSupport Esther! Smiley Happy
Josh | Tech Expert |
Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now