Highlighted
jackM
Level 1: Cadet

Sagemcom F@ST 5355 modem problems

Hello,

Something in my Sagemcom F@ast F5355 Telstra modem is stopping me from viewing IP cams online (NOT my own).

I do also have cameras and they work perfectly, but the ones I cannot access are not on my network they are my work and a friends.

I have tried to access them (work and my friends cameras) from my desktop PC at home, I could not with my new modem Sagemcom F@ast 5355, BUT I could before with my old Thompson TG782T modem.

I also tried to view them using my laptop at home hooked up to my new modem (Sagemcom F@ast 5355), but that also did not work.

However, if I use my laptop and use it with my Mobile WiFi stick I can view them, so thus it must be some setting in my new modem stopping me.

ANY ideas what settings in the Sagemcom F@ast F5355 Telstra modem may be causing this

Regards,

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Cheezy2
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Sagemcom F@ST 5355 modem problems

You may have to setup Port Forwarding on your modem. My Telstra modem is a slighty different model to yours and I can do it under Advanced/WAN Services. I have seen it done on your model modem but do not remember the exact process.

You will need to find out what ports the cameras send on.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now