Boggles
Level 15: Special Agent

Delivery of Lumia 920

Has anyone received the email confirmation with shipping details yet for their pre ordered Lumia 920. It is available instore on Tuesday so if I am to get mine by then it should have been dispatched by now so I should have received shipping details.

Why should we pre order if it means we get the phone after the launch date. I might as well just waited and went instore on Tuesday. Fingers crossed it gets dispatched Monday for delivery on Tuesday.

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
41 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Delivery of Lumia 920

Why should we pre order if it means we get the phone after the launch date. I might as well just waited and went instore on Tuesday.

Some people prefer not to have to queue up on retail launch day, and/or run the risk of having their local stores run out of stock to others in the queue ahead of them, but still want to secure handsets from the first batch released to the market.

Oh, and then there is the offer of pre-ordering bonus item(s)… some people are keen on thoseRobot wink

I hope the question has now been fully answered.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Boggles

My question is has anyone received an email with shipping details. If anyone has an answer on this please add an answer.

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Negatory, have not received anything yet.
Boggles

Thanks Daniel

Boggles

I just received an email stating that due to a delay in the free speakers, delivery push back to 'from 30 November'. Offered 3 month xbox music pass. I already have a subscription to xbox music so what good is that ro me. Can I activate after my current 12 month pass expires?

Very dissapointing Telstra, that a largw company like yourselves cannot organise a simple pre order. This should have all been worked out before you get people to sign up.

Smiley Happy

waiwai
Level 4: Private Eye

pain in the rear. 

hope this delay won't affect our chances to sign up to the free wireless charger. 

If only they can just provide us with our phone imei would be perfect. 

MikeD

I just received a call saying that Yellow and Red versions of the phone are not expected for at least 2 weeks, more likely 3-4 weeks. Really poor form considering they already knew that pre-orders were all taken out, not to have any on hand either for that length of time.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Whereabouts can we get a free wireless charger from? I'm keen for one of those also Smiley Happy
Boggles

I think the free charging pad is for UK residents only.

msimo
Level 2: Rookie

i rang up telstra before about this also and she said that all my stuff was at the warehouse and will be shipped tommorow so i should recive the phone with in 3 to 5 days and mine is yellow.

hopefully because dont think i can wait another week !

whitedj1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi everyone,  as one who registered, missed out on the pre order and now read of delays ......... oh well more waiting (will it be worth it?).  Just to say I reckon the problem is with Nokia.  I'm reasonably sure Telstra would be on the phone to Nokia saying - we need more send them quickly etc etc.  Yet globally maybe too much demand for the ex phone giant, it seems she ain't what she used to be.  

Technostropic

Further to an email stating the delay due to availability of the speaker yesterday I received another email today from Telstra stating the item is now out of stock but more stock should arrive at our warehouse "shortly". Is this really likely as there seems to be a global shortage of these phones and why take orders for stock that cannot be guaranteed and disappoint customers?

Boggles

Technostropic wrote:

Further to an email stating the delay due to availability of the speaker yesterday I received another email today from Telstra stating the item is now out of stock but more stock should arrive at our warehouse "shortly". Is this really likely as there seems to be a global shortage of these phones and why take orders for stock that cannot be guaranteed and disappoint customers?

I just got the same e-mail. I called the number on the email and the lady said to disregard the second email that it was sent by mistake.

She said my handset will be dispatched on 29 November and I will receive it 30 November. Smiley Happy

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify, the back order email  was sent in error and was based on the JBL speaker stock not yet being in our warehouse. We do have the stock required to fulfill all preorders and these are being processed as we speak. Apologies for any undue concern.  

Once your handset has been dispatched, you will receive an email notification with a Reference ID and link to track your Lumia delivery. There has been some reported delays between the tracking number being generated and being picked up by AAE.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

waiwai

thanks greg for the update

I had a play with the new Nokia at the store today, gotta say I love it!!

higherdestiny
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Yeah my mate who pre-ordered the 920 is heartbroken it's not arriving today Smiley Happy

I too originally pre-ordered, but then cancelled my order, opting to wait for BlackBerry 10.

Let's hope he 920's ship soon!

Technostropic

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the update which I appreciate, I notice no clarification email has been sent which I feel is pretty poor customer service for people who have preordered especially as others who have didn't preorder can just go and buy one while the rest of us just have to wait. Overall I have been very unimpressed with the handling of this launch.

dampayne

WoW - what a lame release - I have called every Telstra Dealer within cooee of Coffs Harbour and no one has stock...

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Yeah I don't think my store got much stock either. Seems to be Nokia did not expect the phone to be as popular as it was.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Everyone,

This is a direct quote from one of the reps that run the Telstra Exchange site providing an update around the pre-order stock. The post can be found here:http://tel.st/fBkFS 

"Hi all

Thank you for all the comments and enthusiasm for this new device and apologies for the delay in response — things have been hectic around here today!

Now to address a few questions.

For those of you that pre-ordered, unfortunately there has been further delays in the shipment to Telstra of the JBL Playup speaker.

Not ideal we know and we have made the decision to dispatch 920 handsets without the speaker from today 27/11/12. If you successfully pre-ordered a device you will shortly receive an email confirming that your handset has been dispatched containing a tracking code to track the courier package. Handsets will start being received from tomorrow onwards. We will follow up and send you the JBL Playup speaker and a little something extra for the inconvenience we realise this has caused.

Re store stock, due to popularity we didn’t have enough stock to meet initial demand in many locations today and we know that has been disappointing. We are working on getting more stock and we will keep you posted as new stock arrives in-store."

Hope this helps!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Boggles

This should have been done in the first place and the people who pre ordered would have got their handsets today!

I have still not received any email with tracking number so I will not hold my breath for delivery being any time soon never mind tomorrow.

Very disappointing!

rivenfox84
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Any idea which stores actually have stock, and which colours? None of the stores I visited or phoned on Sunday and Monday had any clue of they would even get the phone.

To find out today than some stores received stock and were either lying, uninformed or incompetent is very frustrating. I cancelled a day's leave at work because it seemed like Telstra wouldn't have stock in stores today based on advice from the stores and Telstra phone reps.

Boggles

They don't have a clue!

I have been given three different stories from three different people. I have been told that my handset has been dispatched, it will be dispatched on 29 Nov & sorry we do not know when it will be dispatched.

Terrible customer service.

dampayne

I ended up getting mine from JB-HiFi. They only had one in stock - but I was happy to take it off there hands - had a whole day playing and it was worth the wait. ;-)

Pros of both phone and OS:

Fast

All-in-one Social interaction tools fantastic

Kids Corner (no more deleted apps after my 3 yr old has the phone)

Office 365 integration

Live Tiles

Did I mention Fast

Camera

Cons

Some Apps are not yet on Windows Mobile that I used on my iPhone.

Car Kit not available and accessories in general - light on the ground (For those waiting - I would look online for case screen protectors etc)

Not sure about battery yet and not replaceable

No upgradable storage

mullta

I have to travel 100kms each way to the delivery address, (long story) and was told on wednesday (by a telstra rep over the phone) that the package had been dispatched and it would be here thursday. Much to my surprise upon contacting star track I was informed they have not taken posession of the package as yet. So I call telstra and low and behold, its in the warehouse, and we're dispatching orders today! Thats what I was told yesterday.

So back I go, the 100kms to (read 200km round trip!) where I'm currently staying, only to do the same journey tomorrow. Why was I told the package would be here today if evidently it was not to be? Why am I forced to travel (through no ones fault but my own) back and forth with the knowledge that I'm probably wasting my time?

Please Telstra, sort yourselves out, this is really poor form. I had nothing but glowing comments to say about Telstra until I decided to take the plunge and pre-order. Now I would NOT recommend Telstra to anyone after the way this has all been handled. I am extremely dissatisfied with the contomer service generally, every time I feel like I've been helped, it seems I find out down the track, I've either been lied to, or the service rep simply had no idea.

Shame on you for taking customers for granted Telstra. 

Burnz316
Level 3: Gumshoe

nokia 920 delivery

Hi,

I pre-ordered a yellow nokia 920. I got an email saying it was on the way late wednesday arvo and it contained a link to track the shipping. When I click on the link it is a dead link and does not work.

What's my chances of getting this before the weekend? I know alot of other people have received their preorder including yellow ones. Very disappointing that some people have walked into a store and got a phone but I preordered and have got nothing days after release.

Thanks.

Support Team
Support Team

Re: nokia 920 delivery

Hey Burnz316,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced a delay in receiving your handset and not being able to access the Star Track link is not what we like to hear of. I can cofnirm that you will be able to have the order number you currently have received into the consigment section in the following link:

http://www.startrackexpress.com.au/

This will advise on the status of the delaivery and where it currently is. If you have any issues with this being tracked via this site please let us know. 

We do appreciate your patience with having this handset delivered and hope that you do have this asap.

Burnz316

Ok so woke up this morning and checked tracking link.. finally works but the status is 'returning item to sender' updated 29th ag 11:15 which is prob when i should of received the phone 

Burnz316

So rang telstra, good to see a large australian company once again take their customer service centre offshore. He is getting a 'manager' to ring me back on monday. I asked for someine to ring me today so i can try and get my phone before the weekend but he couldnt. I asked if i could have the phone number for telstras warehouse that the phone is going back to, he didnt have it. Would be nice if someone based in australia who knew what was going on could talk to me and explain why im not getting my phone this week. If someone rings me monday morning I highly doubt I'll have my phone anytime soon.
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Burnz316,

I am sorry to hear that the handset has not been received as yet and was being 'returned to sender' instead of being received. For the fastest turnaround in seeking assistance with the mobile handset order is to get in touch with the Telstra Online Billing Team. They can be contacted on 1300131113 (Mon - Fri 8:30 - 17:30 AEST) and will be able to assist with what is happening with the order.

If you still have issues after discussing the order with this team then please drop me a direct message and I will be more than happy to have a further look into this for you.

Mensch_au

I've got the exact same thing for my parcel tracking -- according to the trace, it arrived at star track late on the 28th, then first things on the 29th was returned to sender.

Edit: Also, I think this is now the couriers fault. Tracking information on their site says incorrect address, so I verified over the phone with Telstra that the address details on my account were correct.

alifarhatt

I believe the broken tracking links may be due to the fact that the tracking number is automatically being concatenated to the end of a startrack URL when in fact my Lumia was sent out on a different courier companie like Australian air express (I think).

Burnz316

Ok so just rang online shop to check on my order. They still had the wrong address on their system and still have no idea of whats going on with my order. The guy even said I should redo my order online.. what a joke!

After speaking with a crowd support member on friday I felt like my order was under control but after speaking to the online shop this morning I feel like it may be awhile till I get this issue fixed.

The telstra warehouse receive the phone back on friday 1pm according to the tracking link. I'm sure its not that hard to adjust the address and resend the item. I would even be happy to collect the phone from the warehouse myself if its based in sydney but i was told thats not an option.

firedude69

I contacted my business account manager today and I’ve been promised that my account manager will contact me today to renew my business contract and to find out and confirm my address to send my new nokia Lumia 920 I’ve been assured that Nokia in stock called Telstra couple of times today to see what is going on no call back still and it seems they are miss leading everyone they don’t have stock and they not even sure when they will get it very disappointed as large company like Telstra given out miss leading information.

If you cant deliver don't assure me that you have simple, I will go and buy this out right as nokia has the stock in store.

firedude69

Hi Burnz316

I'm just wondering if you received your phone as ive been trying to find out if telstra has this again in stock as no one seems to know

Rod007

I ordered my 920 from a telstra business agent over 4 weeks ago, and still cant get an answer as to when I will get it. Is there any updates as to when telstra hope to have more stock? Or do I throw in the towel and look at another handset...

firedude69

Re: Nokia 920 delivery

Hi Rod007

I

Called my account manager in Telstra, He promised me to call me when he hear about stock availability I contacted him so many times it seems that they don't have any idea on when Nokia 920 will be in stock what a disastrous release from Telstra, cant find hand set any where but the most shocking thing that its exclusively to Telstra I just cant believe that we have to wait 4 week before even Telstra Releasing any information.

The worst customer service ever.

Rod007

Re: Nokia 920 delivery

Thanks for your reply firedude69.....wouldnt it be nice if someone from Telstra would actually give us some indication...surely they have some idea???

firedude69

Re: Nokia 920 instock

Hi All

Just to inform you that my supplier has the Lumia 920 instock but they doesnt sell direct to the public anyone intersted let me know as they have couple in stock.

gunny048

Hi all,
Just checked Telstra Site and the Nokia 920 appears to be available now. Reset from Out of stock to Buy now.
Gunny048
firedude69

We need more colours where are they still no information

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more