Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

AFL LIVE APP

Answered

1. Why can't I download the app onto my new Samsung Smart Tv

2. How do I add my TV to my devices

3. Why, when watching on my Samsung tablet, the stream keeps freezing. I have to then exit Nd go in avain...every 3 to 5 minutes it stops

4. Why am I being charged data when I'm using my Telstra wifi modem

5. Why the hell do I have so many peoblems with this app 

6. I have a live pass and keep a $30.00 balance.

Respond immediately please

Deb
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: AFL LIVE APP

Hello DBO,

Thanks for your message, sorry if there has been any confusion with your Live Pass.

1. The AFL App is available on supported iOS and Android mobile devices (max video screen

size is 7", as per terms accepted to access Live Pass).

2. As above, the AFL App cannot be installed on a TV. (Telstra customers with a Telstra T.V. can

access the AFL App, however live matches are restricted to mobile devices only).

3. This would need further information for us to help, suggested tips would be to reinstall the AFL App,

try another internet connection, clear the cache (settings>apps>AFL>storage).

4. The AFL App does use data, however the data is unmetered. This means you are not charged for

the data consumed, however it does consume data. Currently as well all internet plans with Telstra have

unlimited data as a response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.

5. If you would please list what issues you have experienced, as well as what you have done to troubleshoot,

we can do our best to assist. Please also provide the device details of your Samsung tablet (settings>about).

6. That meets the eligibility to receive a free Live Pass, please remember to select 'Free for Telstra mobile customers'

if prompted, rather than set up a paid subscription.

Please let us know if there are any further questions, you may also find the answer in the AFL Live Pass FAQ's.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hello DBO,

Thanks for your message, sorry if there has been any confusion with your Live Pass.

1. The AFL App is available on supported iOS and Android mobile devices (max video screen

size is 7", as per terms accepted to access Live Pass).

2. As above, the AFL App cannot be installed on a TV. (Telstra customers with a Telstra T.V. can

access the AFL App, however live matches are restricted to mobile devices only).

3. This would need further information for us to help, suggested tips would be to reinstall the AFL App,

try another internet connection, clear the cache (settings>apps>AFL>storage).

4. The AFL App does use data, however the data is unmetered. This means you are not charged for

the data consumed, however it does consume data. Currently as well all internet plans with Telstra have

unlimited data as a response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.

5. If you would please list what issues you have experienced, as well as what you have done to troubleshoot,

we can do our best to assist. Please also provide the device details of your Samsung tablet (settings>about).

6. That meets the eligibility to receive a free Live Pass, please remember to select 'Free for Telstra mobile customers'

if prompted, rather than set up a paid subscription.

Please let us know if there are any further questions, you may also find the answer in the AFL Live Pass FAQ's.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Bcause I'm on prepaid mobile broadband, data is payment. If I'm watching live afl thrkugh thr app, my data usuage should be free. That's what I was told when I originally signed up for the App, otherwise why thr hell would I bother. Iwant a refund of my data and I won't bother usimg thr app again

The stream  cutting out is a regular and  constant problem. Every 5 minutes the stream buffers and then stops, so I have to close it down and start all over. I clear my cookies and cache regularly. THERE SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM WITH TELSTRA WIFI.

Deb
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @DBO,

Thanks for those details.

The terms I linked to previously does clarify how unmetering works, here is the section on unmetered content:

Unmetering

Standard data charges apply when downloading or using the app. Video data usage is currently unmetered only for certain Telstra customers in respect of supported devices.

Video data usage is only unmetered for the following Telstra services:

• BigPond ADSL/Cable/NBN
  • Telstra mobile handsets / tablets with any Telstra SIM (excluding International Roaming)
  • Telstra Mobile Broadband (Dongles and mobile Wi-Fi hotspots) with any Telstra SIM (excluding BigPond Wireless Broadband and International Roaming)

Telstra services excluded from unmetering:

• BigPond Wireless Broadband
  • International Roaming
  • Telstra Business Broadband
  • BigPond Internet (Dial Up/ Satellite/ Hourly Plans)
  • Telstra Air

Note: When accessing premium content, a connection charge may apply while accessing the live content server

As mentioned previously, the AFL App does use data, but the data is unmetered (no charge). Depending on

how you are checking your data usage, this may not be taken into account. 

So we can investigate, please send us a message in the My Telstra App for a team member to investigate the data usage.

If you could please provide the device details requested, and let us know if you have tested using an alternate

internet connection or location, we can assist further.

-Aaron

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit