Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

AFL Live Pass stopped working yesterday

Hi,

I need assistance with fixing my AFL Live Pass account which I have had for a number of years with no issues. This morning I received an email saying "Action Required: AFL Live Pass Payment Failed". This is likely because I need to update credit card details to process the annual payment for the next year (the old credit card has been cancelled).

But when I click on the link in the email to update the credit card details or manage the account, I just get taken to the generic 'important notice' page which informs me of changes that had occurred in 2019. The 'AFL Live Pass Subscription' tab on the app has a 'manage' tab but this just takes me to the 'important notice - afl live pass' screen and there are no options beyond this. So I have tried this on my phone (Android 9) and via the AFL website. I have also tried reinstalling the app on my phone.

Thanks,

Leo

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AFL Live Pass stopped working yesterday

Hello @iguanadon,

Sorry for the confusion

That important notice is to inform you that we no longer offer subscriptions through the website.

Therefore no details can be updated to renew your subscription.

You will need to wait for the subscription to elapse, and then sign up in the Play Store or App Store,

depending on whether you use an iOS device or an Android device.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Aaron_h

Thanks for this. The subscription elapsed yesterday. Also, I have had this issue not just over the website but also when I used the AFL app.

Is your suggestion to reinstall the Android app from the play store and 'register' again rather than clicking 'login' and logging in with my TelstraID? I anticipate that this would not work ...unless I register with a new email. Most websites will not allow you to register if you already have an account with that registered email on their system.

Also - just to confirm - while I cannot subscribe through the website, will I still be able to use the website to access match replays once I do subscribe?

Thanks again,

Leo
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @iguanadon

Was the email address attached to the website subscription your primary Gmail address?

If so, you will still be able to use that email to subscribe In-App, the issues will be with the Telstra ID.

After making the purchase, you are prompted to link to your Telstra ID.

I would suggest creating a new Telstra ID that you have not used with Telstra before, as this will confuse things.

You then use the new Telstra ID to log in on other devices and the AFL Website.

If your browser auto signs in you will need to update the log in details as well.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Aaron_H,

Thanks for that workaround - I just ended up using another email for both and that seems to have worked fine. Using a new Telstra ID with the old email address on the AFL Live App just sent me to the same 'important notice' page so I couldn't process the payment. I think this issue will pose problems for people who don't have an alternative email address.

Leo
Highlighted

Can you please delete this AFL live account now? I am still receiving emails every day saying that my payment couldn't be processed - which is fine as I have set up a new AFL live account with a new email and paid through that.
Highlighted

Can you please delete this AFL live account now? I am still receiving emails every day saying that my payment couldn't be processed - which is fine as I have set up a new AFL live account with a new email and paid through that.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @iguanadon

Thank you for getting back to us.

I can assist in cancelling your website subscription however I will require some further information.

I've sent you a private message to request this. 

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit