Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

AFL Purchase Refund

Answered
How can I get a refund for my AFL purchase as live games are not available in the U.K. (not clear that live games are not available outside AU and NZ when you purchase as the payment details are displayed in £sterling)?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: AFL Purchase Refund

The fact that it's not available in the UK is in the app description and Apple should not have made the subscription available for purchase.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @BillyNinjaUK

Apologies for the confusion around access to the AFL Live Pass

In order to request a refund, first we need to know how you subscribed. If unsure check your credit card statement:

Telstra Applications Melbourne = Subscribed via Website
GOOGLE *Telstra CorpGOOGLE.COM = In App subscription via Google Play
APPLE ITUNES STORE SYDNEY = In App Subscription via App Store

Requests for refunds for subscriptions signed up through the App Store or Play Store need to be taken up directly with them,  we do not have access to their systems.

Apple (App Store):                https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT202039

Google (Play Store):               https://tel.st/we6sh

If you have signed up through the website, let me know and I'll send you a private message to collect some more info.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi @aaron_h
The link you sent doesn’t work (403 Forbidden).
I had subscribed via Apple store, however when liaising with them yesterday, 30 minutes after subscribing and cancelling the subscription, they directed me over to yourselves as the app developer, as they have determined that my purchase does not meet their conditions of refund!
If you advertise that a purchase for premium services is in £ sterling yet the service is not available outside of AU or NZ, this is fraudulent under U.K. law.

Highlighted

As a point of fact, it is Apple who have sold you the subscription, so they are the organisation who may have breached UK laws.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

However, Apple have referred me to this site, and continued dialogue with them, they have stated it is the app developer that is responsible for a refund for not making it clear when advertising the cost in £ sterling, that it is not available in the UK.
So who is responsible???
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The fact that it's not available in the UK is in the app description and Apple should not have made the subscription available for purchase.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Bugger.....🤭
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @BillyNinjaUK

I have had a response regarding the App Store and regions.

It is possible to change your Apple ID to another region, however this does not happen automatically.

To review/change your region for your Apple ID, head to https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201389

(hopefully that link works)

If you did change the region prior, and the AFL App was still available to subscribe to,

then please let me know so we can investigate further.

I have fixed that link in the previous message if still required as well.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi @aaron_h
I will look into that.
I am based in the UK and an AFL fan, so (as Apple are sticking to their guns) if changing regions to AU works, then I’ll be happy!
I’ll confirm if this works.
Thanks
Highlighted

Hi @aaron_h 

Your second link doesn't work either, I get "Forbidden 403" (review/change region link). Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @BillyNijaUK,

Apologies for the broken links, a security setting has blocked them, they should now be accessible.

My previous comment was to advise you to ensure you are set to the correct region, in order to prevent subscription/purchase issues in the future.

If you are in the UK, you cannot access the AFL Live Pass, regardless of what region your Apple ID is set to. If your Apple ID is currently set to UK however, and you were still able to purchase your Live Pass, then this may be an avenue to chase up the refund inquiry further.

Highlighted

Hi @aaron_h,
My Apple ID was set to U.K. (as that’s where I live) and I was able to purchase Live Pass at £44.99.
As it was advertised in U.K. sterling I assumed it was available in the U.K. and that is why I purchased the Live Pass.
Apple have stated that I am not able to obtain a refund from them and keep passing me back to Telstra.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for that information @BillyNinjaUK

I have sent a private message 

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit