Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Brandon Maynard Finals Round

Can someone tell me why during the fourth quarter Brandon Maynard had 16 disposals and ended up with 14 at the end of the match??? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Brandon Maynard Finals Round

I second this...

Highlighted

100% agree. How does this get changed? He definitely had a minimum of 15 

Highlighted

We Need it to get changed. My multi was lost because Maynard got “14” instead of 15 or more. 

Highlighted

Agreed mate. I’m in the same boat 

Highlighted

Do you reckon it’s possible they can change it? Then contact Sportsbet. Not happy about this one.

Highlighted

If he got 15 then I’d say it should happen. I know me two mate 

Highlighted

Yeah I hope they change it. Do you know how to email them or directly contact them so I can find out what happened? 

Highlighted

Nah I don’t. I’m hoping someone does though. Was hoping there was a live chat somewhere 

Highlighted

I sent AFL an email so hopefully they get back to me and fix this mistake. 🤞🏻

Highlighted

Me too. If anything changes write it in this thread and I’ll do the same 👌🏽

Highlighted

Yeah perfect 

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Luke0403,

Thanks for your message, sorry to see there are some concerns with the AFL App.

I have escalated your enquiry to the technical support team for the AFL App.

While Telstra manage the AFL App, we do not produce the content, whether it

be stats or videos etc.

If the issue is related to a technical fault with the AFL App we can investigate further,

however it may be that the issue is more related to how the stats were counted in the 

first place, in which case contacting the AFL as you have done would be the best option.

With the public holiday tomorrow it may be a couple of days before we get a response.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thank you, not sure if it was the AFL app technical fault or the counting, all I know is that during 4th quarter it had him at a disposal of 15+ and after the game had him at 14 on the AFL app. Hopefully they can resolve this soon. Thanks for your help though and hopefully they get back soon. 

Highlighted

gday Luke, same here have a single same game, and a same game on the saints game all up into the pies same game, and Maynard is the only missing leg.

He starts quarter on 11 disposals then

11.37 Handball

10.03 Kick

05.12 kick

05.10 handball 

And I didn't bother rewatching after that because thats the 4 touches we both need. I dont care about loosing a bet WHEN I lose but when I win and then some how lose thats not right!!! To the telstra staff reading this go to the time stamps I supplied and youll  clearly see the 4 disposals please change it so us long suffering punters can get paid!!!!!!.

Highlighted

Hey mate, I totally agree I read him as 16 touches during the 4th quarter but those last 2 touches with the handball and kick, I don’t think the kick counted because it was smothered and smothered handballs/kicks do not count as a disposal. He still should have had 15 thought which should have won us our money. This needs to get looked at ASAP

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The Official AFL Stats have him at 14 Disposals (Fox Sports has him at 14 as well) . You will need to take it up with the AFL if you believe they are wrong.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

He completes that act of the kick and it leaves his boot, that is a kick.

He completes the act of the hand ball which made it a legal disposal that's why he wasn't given holding the ball. It's 2 disposals and all we needed. later in the quarter Grundy gets possession for a smothered kick, they shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose,

the definition of what constitutes a kick couldn't be more simple it's the act not how far it travels.

Highlighted

I totally agree, but I’m the internet it says if a ball is smothered it does not count but it should, especially if Grundy got given a disposal for it. Send the AFL an email just like myself and some others have to get this sorted. 

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All

The stats in the AFL Live App are not managed by us here at Telstra and we do not have any control over them.

The stats feed is taken from the official stats provider of the AFL, Champion Data. 

They reserve all rights to amend stats throughout the course of the match and post match to ensure correct recording of game data. 

Thank you for your feedback.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Yes, You’re right, He went into the last quarter with 13 Disposals, and in the last quarter he had a kick that was smothered, and a handball. I had him down for 15 Disposals in my same game multi. I checked the AFL Live app shortly afterward the handball, which said 15 Disposals, yet at the end of the game he had 14.

I have emailed AFL general enquiries for confirmation & clarification. Still waiting for a response.

Highlighted

I’ve just emailed Champion Data. He was listed with 15 Disposals after the Kick & Handball in the last quarter.

Highlighted

Hi, so does that mean that they took away a disposal for the smothered handball that they counted, Or he should have been At 15 and they are going to fix it? 

Highlighted

I’ve emailed AFL & Champion Data, still waiting for a response.

Highlighted

I emailed general enquires last Saturday night and they still have not got back to me, I re sent the email today but it’s not looking good. Just going to have to keep waiting. If you get a response just post on this thread. 

thanks. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit