Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Can't watch replay on Samsung TV?

Answered

I've linked in the app and can watch replays on my laptop via Chrome. When I sign in on the website on the TV I get to the Match Replays screen and then I get a pop up to say I need an AFL Live Pass, which I know I have. Is the TV's browser just not compatible with AFL? Why isn't the app available on the TV? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't watch replay on Samsung TV?

Hi @neontiger78

As it looks like the SmartTV browser is not compatible with the AFL website, to watch replays on your TV you will have to connect your laptop with a HDMI cord yes. 

It is unlikely that there will be an AFL Live App developed for SmartTV devices due to live streaming only being available in a 7-inch streaming size, however I will pass on the feedback. 

The AFL App available on the TelstraTV is not the same as the AFL Live App for mobile/tablet devices, and is exclusive to the TelstraTV device. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @neontiger78

Thank you for your post. 

The AFL Live App is not able to be downloaded on your TV because it is a mobile app, and is not compatible with SmartTV devices. 

What browser does your Samsung TV use? 

As the AFL website and your subscription are working via Google Chrome, it is more than likely a browser compatibility issue but I can confirm with the technical team once we know which browser the TV uses. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The Samsung TVs use Samsung's builtin browser which is very basic and usually can't even cope with login systems for most websites.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

From Jupiter: "The Samsung TVs use Samsung's builtin browser which is very basic and usually can't even cope with login systems for most websites."

Thank you for you reply Kjorg. With our previous TV we used the Telsta T-Box/Telstra TV and an app was available there. So it seems like we've essentially taken a step back with the new TV if we can't use the website or app on it! Would an app for smart TVs be developed, with the prevalence of them? So the best I can do for now is to connect my laptop to the TV (with an HDMI) to watch replays? A little inconvenient but better than nothing. Is there any possibility for a TV app? Like SBSOnDemand or ABC iview?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi @neontiger78

As it looks like the SmartTV browser is not compatible with the AFL website, to watch replays on your TV you will have to connect your laptop with a HDMI cord yes. 

It is unlikely that there will be an AFL Live App developed for SmartTV devices due to live streaming only being available in a 7-inch streaming size, however I will pass on the feedback. 

The AFL App available on the TelstraTV is not the same as the AFL Live App for mobile/tablet devices, and is exclusive to the TelstraTV device. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you Kjorg for your assistance. Of course, that makes sense that the app was on Telstra TV and not on my smart TV - they're not partnered! 

I understand not being able to stream live games above 7", that's an agreement reached and that's how it is. But we're quite limited when it comes to watching replays. Makes me miss the days of popping in a tape and recording it off free-to-air! Where can I access quality videos of games from years past? Anywho..

Thanks again. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit