Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Have valid AFL Live Subscription, but can’t watch live.

Answered

My AFL annual live subscription is valid until May 2020, but when I try to watch a live game on the AFL app, it asks me to log in or renew, when I click renew - 1 year option, it confirms I have a subscription valid until May 2020, but doesn’t seem to want to let me watch a game. 

Any ideas how I can get it working?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Have valid AFL Live Subscription, but can’t watch live.

Hi @Ask101 

thank you for getting back to me. 

Can I confirm in the first screenshot you sent, that you are clicking "Restore App Store Purchase" not the $99.99 annual pass option?

If you click Annual Pass instead of Restore App Store Purchase, it will show that you are subscribed but will not restore your subscription to the app. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ask101

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the AFL Live Pass. 

What device are you using to access the AFL Live App? (mobile/tablet, make/model etc)

What version of iOS or Android is your device running? 

What happens after you've confirmed your subscription and try to watch premium content? Do you get an error message or does it ask you to purchase a subscription? 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the AFL Live App to see if this assists? 

Please let us know if you're still unable to access your subscription. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I’m on my iPhone 8 Plus iOS 13.3.1

I click to watch, it prompts me to purchase or restore a subscription, I click to restore. I select annual pass, and it confirm I have a annual pass valid until May 2020, then I click Ok. But nothing changes, I still can’t watch a live game...

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ask101

Thank you for getting back to us, especially with a screenshot. 

When you choose Manage instead of OK, does this bring up a screen with your subscription details? 

Does the same problem when clicking OK happen on 4G and Wi-Fi connections? 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the AFL Live App to see if this assists? 

Highlighted

Yep, I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling.  Issue is present on both wifi and 4g.

I have attached a screen shot if I select “manage” it just shows the same details that my subscription is still valid until May 2020. But the app still won’t let me watch live games.

It always directs me back to the screen to select to restore or log on as Telstra customer or select “no thanks” so I have to select “no thanks” otherwise I’m stuck in the selection menu screen where it tells me it’s still valid.

Thanks. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @Ask101 

thank you for getting back to me. 

Can I confirm in the first screenshot you sent, that you are clicking "Restore App Store Purchase" not the $99.99 annual pass option?

If you click Annual Pass instead of Restore App Store Purchase, it will show that you are subscribed but will not restore your subscription to the app. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Wow! Problem solved. I was blind to that until you pointed it out. My bad. Thanks for your help.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit