Level 3: Gumshoe

Have working Annual AFL Live Pass Subscription on Andriod Phone, can't watch replays on my PC

Hi,

I have a working AFL Live Pass for the AFL App on my phone (Android, - oneplus 5), however when I log in to the same account on PC - it says I need to subscribe in order to watch full match replays.

When will my account update so that I can watch replays on my PC?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Have working Annual AFL Live Pass Subscription on Andriod Phone, can't watch replays on my PC

Did you subscribe via a google play billed subscription in the app. If so it will only work on devices on the same platform and linked to the same google account.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Re: Have working Annual AFL Live Pass Subscription on Andriod Phone, can't watch replays on my PC

Thanks for the response.

I subscribed via the app. What do you mean by platform? My account on the website and the app have the same login and password - I'm not seeing the problem here.

The same platform in this case is other android devices. Your subscription will not work on non android devices including iOS devices or via the website. Your subscription is linked to your Google Account and can be restored as a purchase on compatible android devices but you can’t restore a google play subscription on a non android device.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Let me get this straight. The product has:
- The same name (AFL Live Pass)
- The same provider (AFL & Telstra)
- The same price ($99.95 - annual subscription)

If I buy it off the website - I can watch replays on PC, Apple or Android. If I buy it off google play - I can only use it on Android.

I have paid full price for 1/3 of a product. How do I get the other 2/3rds of the service I have already paid for?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi TomKS

You can only link smartphones and tablets which use the same Google ID. Once you download the AFL Live Official App, your subscription will automatically be recognised on any Android device using the same Google ID. 

A Google Play Store subscription will not provide access to premium content on an Apple device, nor can it be used as an AFL Live Pass subscription on afl.com.au

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Thanks Dani, but that is not what I am asking.

I bought an AFL Live Pass Annual Subscription, at the cost of $99.95. But because I bought it via google I am restricted from watching replays on my PC, content that THE SAME $99.95 annual subscription entitles me to if I had purchased it from an alternative source.

This is not acceptable - and I want to know how it can be rectified.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Completely understand the question TomKS. 

As you have bought the subscription In-App via Google Play, you are unable to access premium content on the website. 

The only way you can do this is cancel your In-App subscription and then subscribe to an AFL Live Pass via www.afl.com.au/livepass

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Hi Dani,

I know this is not your fault - but that is a ridiculous suggestion.

If i cancel my subscription now, I lose the $99.95 i paid for the whole year.

Then I buy THE SAME subscription, but from a different vendor, for THE SAME price to get the full experience which is arbitrarily restricted because i subscribed via google.

That way - I pay $199.90 to fully use a subscription I have already paid full price for. No - not happening.

One of two things must happen:
- I cancel my current subscription and receive a full refund, which I use to purchase a new subscription from afl.com.au.
- I have my subscription switched from google play to afl.com.au free of charge

Either way - the AFL already has my $99.95. All I want is to be able to access all of the content that I have paid for. How do I progress either of the above options?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the reply. 

We are unable to transfer/switch subscriptions from one platform or purchase type to another. 

You can request refunds, which are provided at the discretion Google. To request a refund, please follow the instructions on the relevant link below:
Contact Google Support:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/contact/play_request_refund_apps?rd=1

I'd recommend competing an online request form so they can investigate for you

It can take up to two business days but they'll be able to assist you with locating the in app purchase & stopping it

Alternatively, please click here & make you're logged in with your Google account.

There is a "contact us" button in top right hand side of the Google Support pages should you need a further hand.

Hi Dani - thanks again for taking the time, I'm sure this has come up many times before as this situation is ridiculous.

I'd rather not to deal with google - they are merely a storefront through which I accessed by subscription.

My account and subscription is with the AFL for AFL content - how do I contact the AFL to discuss subscription issues. They are marketing two products with drastically different content, but retaining:
- The same name
- The same price
- Linked to the same account
- Only differentiated by what platform the product is purchased from

This is not remotely in line with Australian consumer law - and I need to take it up with the AFL - not google.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the reply TomKS. 

We handle all AFL Live Pass enquiries and subscriptions that are registered through a Telstra Live Pass offer or online at AFL.com.au. 

The AFL Live Pass terms, http://www.afl.com.au/livepass/telstra-terms-and-conditions, detail the difference between the subscriptions. It also states:

When you purchase either a weekly or yearly subscription, your purchase is via the Google Play Store not with Telstra. If you have a billing issue to resolve, you should contact the Google Play Store.

Hi Dani,

Under Australian Consumer law - I can approach either the retailer (Google in this case) or the manufacturer/content provider (Telstra/AFL in this case) to resolve a dispute.

I'm approaching Telstra/AFL because the root cause of the issue is Telstra/AFL marketing and pricing practices. The difference in content between what are essentially two different products needs to be explicit prior to purchase. Instead the two different products are marketed with:
- The same name
- The same price
- Linked to and bought via the same account
- Despite one product providing only 1/3 of the content in comparison to the other

I reiterate - this is not acceptable practice. What are you going to do to rectify the situation? If there is nothing you can do, how do I escalate this issue?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @TomKS

I can see how frustrating this has been for you and I do apologise. As you have subscribed to an in-App purchase through Google Play, this will not provide access to content on other non-Android devices as per the terms

In saying that, I am happy to review this for you and discuss it further. I am sending you a private message now.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Level 1: Cadet

I'd like to add that I find this practice absurd, and have never encountered it with any paid app service. Telstra as the digital rights holder has a moral obligation to at least properly inform customers that these are essentially separate apps.
Level 2: Rookie

Hi @JesseS,
Infuriatingly i am in the same ludicrous predicament as TomKS, having bought the subscription In-App via google play, assuming this will provide access to my iPad...
Can you please loop me into the solution you have achieved or are working towards for TomKS as the difference in purchasing the 2 differing subscriptions is poorly shown.

Thanks in advance!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit