Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Live Pass Sports Subscriptions

We are currently working on a solution with app stores to pause billing for our Live Pass customers which will ensure they retain access to premium Live Pass content and not be charged. If there are any customers who don't wish to retain access to the Live Pass content and features, they can request a refund through the usual app store refund process.

Note: Apple have now paused billing for all iOS weekly and monthly subscribers across AFL, NRL, Netball & My Football. The new expiry date (60 days from the 27/03/20) will be reflected on the customer's manage page in Settings>Manage Subscriptions

To manage your subscriptions to AFL, NRL, Netball or My Football Live Passes, please refer to the below instructions. 

To cancel your subscription:

If you are using Android, please open the Play Store>menu>subscriptions>(AFL/NRL/Netball/MyFootball)>cancel.

If using iOS, go to settings>your name>iTunes & App Store>Apple ID>view Apple ID>Subscriptions>(AFL/NRL/Netball/MyFootball)>options>cancel.

To request a refund:

Contact Google Support: https://support.google.com/googleplay/contact/play_request_refund_apps?rd=1  

Contact Apple Support: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204084

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Live Pass Sports Subscriptions

What are my options if I have a yearly subscription at a cost of $99 through google play? I do not have any intention of watching replayed games

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @William851,

Thanks for your message.

All charges for subscriptions have been paused, at this point you have an extra 60 days

added to your Live Pass subscription, which may extend depending on when the season starts up again.

As explained above, if you wish to unsubscribe from your Live Pass,

please follow the steps provided above to cancel and request a refund from the Google Play Store.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I have an annual subscription and do not wish to cancel it. Today I am trying to log in to watch AFL Fixture throwback games on AFL site and keep getting the message that I have multiple subscriptions and need to cancel them or else I will be charged? I don't have multiple subscriptions and don't understand the message. I try to close it and continue but it just seems to keep looping back to the same message???

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @BluesMan63

Thank you for your post, my apologies for the delayed response. 

Have you cleared the cache/cookies in your browser before trying again to log in? 

Have you linked your AFL subscription to a TelstraID in-app? 

This message would show up if your TelstraID email address was linked to more than one subscription. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

AFL live doesnt get live games. i can watch repiays of past games. it goes back to match centre screen, with the scores & time on it. No live game

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Peter2011,

Thanks for your message.

Can I please confirm what device you are accessing the AFL Live on?

Live matches are only available in the AFL Live App, not on the AFL Website,

as per the terms accepted to access an AFL Live Pass.

If you are having the issue on a mobile device, please try reinstalling, and if still

no luck, please let us know your device details.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Kjorg,

The instructions on how to cancel AFL Live subscription above don't work for me. I have purchased a yearly subscription via my football club's website (run by Telstra). The service is inconsistent. When I try to watch full match replays it asks me to log in on my desktop (MacBook Pro) and when I do it takes me to the LivePass subscription for international viewers and won't let me access local videos. Based on a lack of consistent service I want a full refund. How can I go about getting a refund from Telstra if I use my desktop to access the site?

Highlighted

I just saw your above message about desktop access. Was this a change brought in prior to the AFL season? I don't remember this update being made explicit prior to me renewing my LivePass. I'd still like a refund on this terrible service.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @ChloeJ5

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the AFL Live App. 

If you have purchased a yearly membership to your football club which included access to an AFL Live Pass, you would have been sent a voucher code to redeem.

If you have redeemed your voucher code here https://tel.st/xdgxg, you should be able to log in at the top right hand corner to access premium content. 

Full match replays are available via the AFL website, however live streaming is only available via the AFL Live App on compatible mobile and tablet devices. 

If you are automatically being directed to Watch AFL for international users, I would first suggest ensuring any VPN services are turned off. 

For a refund, you would need to contact your club directly if the purchase was made through them. 

All paid subscriptions to AFL Live Pass are purchased via Google Play or iTunes, you cannot purchase an AFL Live Pass subscription from the AFL Website or any club website (except as part of a digital club membership, in which case a voucher code would be sent)

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit