Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Problem logging into AFL live pass on computer

I have a $5, one week subscription to AFL live pass but when I try to log in on my computer it takes me to a completely different page. After clicking on the log in option, it has my email and password saved but it takes me to watchafl.com.au and that site says it's only for residents living outside Australia. I've never had this issue all the other times I've logged in on afl.com.au. What has changed? I want to watch a replay on my computer and it tells me to log into my live account but I can't. Please help. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Problem logging into AFL live pass on computer

Hello @Dalie01,

Thanks for your message, apologies for any issues accessing your Live Pass.

It looks like there are potentially two issues to resolve in order for you to access

the AFL Website.

First step is to make sure you have linked your Live Pass to your Telstra ID. To do this,

open the AFL App on your mobile device, click on your Profile top right corner, then AFL

Live Pass, Link AFL Live Pass.

Once linked, your Telstra ID will allow access to premium features on the AFL Website

(without linking, signing in will still work, but no premium features will be accessible).

The second step is to do with your IP Address. The AFL Website has flagged your IP Address

(the address of your internet connection) as outside of Australia.

Using VPN's to change location can often be  a cause, working from home often involves connecting

to a VPN, there are many potential reasons.

The easiest way to reset your IP Address is to leave your modem off for at least 10 minutes, when it

reconnects you should have a new IP Address and the AFL Website shouldn't have any issues.

If you still aren't having any luck, clearing cookies for the website (lock symbol next to web address)

can also help. If you continue to have any issues, please let us know what troubleshooting has been

attempted, and if possible test with another internet connection to help isolate the issue.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

I have been having that problem recently as well. Some of the IP addresses that TPG use come up as being assigned to the UK (it's not Telstra doing this, but it is the geolocation information associated with the IP addresses in by the registrar).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

That's probably it. I am using TPG internet as well. Hopefully this is fixed soon, it's finals time.

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know I'm not alone. 

Highlighted

If your external IP address is in the 194.193.xxx.xxx IP address space, then that is definitely the problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

It's 193, damn. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello @Dalie01 and @Jupiter 

The details you both provided were forwarded onto the technical team

for investigation, we have now made some adjustments to the AFL website that

should resolve this issue.

Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi I am trying to link my AFL weekly live pass to a Telstra ID. I follow the instructions above to go into my profile on my AFL app On my mobile but I don’t get the option to ‘Link AFL Live Pass’. That link is just not there at all?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Chrama

Thank you for your post. 

I would first recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the AFL Live App to see if this assists. 

Upon opening the app after reinstalling, you will be prompted to 'buy or restore a live pass' which will then communicate with your chosen app store to restore your subscription.

After this part of the set up process, you should be asked to link your AFL Live Pass to a TelstraID. Alternatively, once you have restored your subscription the option to link should be available from your profile. 

Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit