Level 1: Cadet

Streaming AFL Live Pass during Corona Pandemic

Answered

Will Telstra/AFL update their apps so we can stream to our televisions again during the time we aren't allowed to attend games? I think this is only fair given the situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Streaming AFL Live Pass during Corona Pandemic

Hello @lammist,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The issue of being able to cast is purely down to the Digital Rights Broadcast Agreement signed between

the AFL, Telstra and other partners in 2015, before coming into affect from 2017 until 2022.

Telstra do not have the rights to display live content on screens larger than 7". If not for this condition, then

casting would be accessible, the issue is not a technical limitation but a contractual one.

Telstra have never had the rights to display live matches on screens larger than 7", these rights are owned by

Channel 7 and Foxtel.

You can read more about the Agreement here if you would like to learn more, or please ask any further

questions you may have.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hello @lammist,

Thanks for your enquiry.

The issue of being able to cast is purely down to the Digital Rights Broadcast Agreement signed between

the AFL, Telstra and other partners in 2015, before coming into affect from 2017 until 2022.

Telstra do not have the rights to display live content on screens larger than 7". If not for this condition, then

casting would be accessible, the issue is not a technical limitation but a contractual one.

Telstra have never had the rights to display live matches on screens larger than 7", these rights are owned by

Channel 7 and Foxtel.

You can read more about the Agreement here if you would like to learn more, or please ask any further

questions you may have.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi guys

You know I cannot get over this continual denial by Telstra sycophants to help we viewers who have spent our hard earned dollars and purchased sport on the AFL App. 

Telstra will you get your acts together and give us a solution not the company line about only allowing streaming to mobile devices and you cannot use your Chromecast app to stream it to our TV’s. 

Please note everyone out there that while I was in Europe in 2018 I purchased the overseas version of the AFL live app AND I was able to Chromecast it to my TV’s in any country. So if you can do this you can enable it for all subscribers using the AFL login.

Telstra suck it up and help out WE the paying public.

Hey I have an idea everyone. Ask them to get onboard and fix this without citing their t&c’s OTHERWISE LET’s ALL UNSUBSCRIBE TO THEIR PATHETIC COMMENTS.

Cheers

Rosco

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @RoscoEaglesFan1

Thank you for your feedback.

As mentioned above, this is not related to capability, but our licensing agreement. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit