Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Subscription associated with old email

My app store bought AFL live sub seems to be associated with a dead email address. How can I change the associated email?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Subscription associated with old email

Hello @ivan81

Sorry to see you're having issues with AFL Live Pass

Could you please clarify?

If you're email account is 'dead', it would have no subscriptions attached to it to access, therefore you could start a subscription attached to an email account you do have access to.

If you are having issues accessing your account and it still is in fact active, I would suggest going through the process to recover your account. 

We do not have the ability to change the attached email address, primarily due to privacy and security reasons.

If you could also specify if your email account is attached to a Play Store account (Google) or an App Store account (Apple), then I can assist further

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

The account and subscription is still active but I no longer have access to the email account associated with it because it an old work email address and I no longer work there. I can't figure out a way to associate my account with an email address I currently use.
Highlighted

I would add that my AFL live sub is posted up to Feb next year.
Highlighted

The sub is paid through the Google app store but is somehow associated with this of email address rather than my Google account/address
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @ivan81

Unfortunately we do not have access to Googles systems in order to assist, I suggest you go through the process with Google to recover your account. 

Recover your Google Account:  https://tel.st/a7k3x

I apologise for this inconvenience, good luck recovering your account

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

This isn't an issue with Google, the subscription and payment are working, the issue is the email address associated with the subscription. If I cancel the current subscription and get a new one with current email address do I get a pro rata rebate on the subscription?
Highlighted

I should clarify I also dont have an issue accessing my Google account
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @ivan81

So I'm going to try and clarify to make sure we're on the same page

You have an active subscription, attached to a Google account you have full access to.

The Google account is attached to an email address that was related to a previous employer.

You would like to have the subscription either moved to another Google account, or cancelled and a pro-rata amount credited towards this other Google account

Does this sound right?

To answer your question, if you cancel the current subscription, that account will still have access to the AFL Live Pass until the end of the subscription period (I think you mentioned next Feb) 

You would not get a pro-rata credit towards the new subscription.

If you still have access to your account, I suggest cancelling, then using the remainder of the subscription until Feb next year. Once that subscription has expired, sign up a new one at that point to an account you own.

Hopefully that makes sense, let mo know how you go

Highlighted

The subscription is recognised in the playstore but I don't think it is linked to my Google account per say. I have full access to my Google account. To log in here and to the app I have to provide the old email, presumably because when I first signed up (on PC) those were the details I provided. It sounds like the most straight forward thing to do in cancel and set up a new one next year.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit