Level 2: Rookie

Subscription cancellation

I signed up for a weekly subscription yesterday to watch a game of footy. I now want to cancel this subscription so that I am not being charged every week for the rest of my life. But do you think there is any cancel subscription button anywhere to be seen? NO. I have done this before and there was previously a button that was easy to find. Not anymore. I have wasted over an hour trawling through all the help pages and my subscription pages and there is NOTHING. Please advise what algorithm is required to cancel my subscription? This feels like a deliberate SCAM to prevent users from being able to easily opt out of subscriptions. It is completely ridiculous and unacceptable. I will not be using this app ever again.

Again - Please advise how to cancel my subscription.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Subscription cancellation

Hey @Fred00000

Thanks for your post and sorry for the trouble cancelling your subscription. Firstly, how did you subscribe for your AFL Live Pass? (In app purchase, AFL.com.au, Club Digital membership or our 2018 AFL Live Pass Offer)

If you're not sure, it will be shown as one of these options on your credit card:

Telstra Applications Melbourne = Subscribed via Website
GOOGLE *Telstra CorpGOOGLE.COM = In App subscription via Google Play
APPLE ITUNES STORE SYDNEY = In App Subscription via iTunes

You can find the steps to cancel via this link. If you have any trouble following these steps, please let me know.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 2: Rookie

I have already tried all of these options.
The website button titled 'manage my live AFL pass' does not take you to the screen it should. It takes you straight to a subscription screen, which, oddly enough says 'Cancel Anytime' just below the 'Subscribe' button.
The app does the same thing.
Google Play does not show the AFL live pass in the subscription screen.
Seriously, how hard should this be?
Can you please provide a telephone contact number so that I can request cancellation of my subscription without having to waste my entire day.
Support Team
Support Team

@Fred00000 I will send you a private message so we can get some more details and investigate further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 1: Cadet

I am having exactly the same problem as Fred00000. I try to cancel but the 'cancel' option does not respond
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Trev14

Thanks for getting touch with us.

Can I ask how you originally subscribed: iTunes, Google Play or AFL website?

How does the charge appear on your statement?

It will be one of the following:

If you subscribed via iTunes, please follow this link to manage your subscription: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

If you had purchased via Google Play, then click here to contact them directly: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481

However if you subscribed via the AFL website, then please let me know.

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

My issue was that I was trying to go into AFL Live domestic, ie not international. I didn't realise the difference. Once I got into the international site, I was able to cancel

Absolute nightmare trying to cancel, a good idea for AFL/Telstra getting money for nothing.
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @grahammac2014

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with cancelling your AFL Live Pass. 

Can you please confirm how you subscribed? (the charge will appear as one of the below on your bank statement if you're not sure) 

Subscriptions need to be cancelled the same way they were subscribed. 

If you subscribed via the AFL Website, you will need to log on with your email address/password and cancel via "Manage my Account" 

You can find instructions here to cancel the in app purchase through Google Play

You can find instructions here to cancel the in app purchase through iTunes

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Same here, they do that on purpose so people give up & just keep paying the money. looks like I will cancel my credit card.

Can you do the same with me please. I'm about to explode with frustration.
Community Manager

Hi @grahammac2014

I have sent you a private message to request some further information. 

Please note that if you're being charged by Google Play or Apple, you will need to contact them directly as we do not have access to their systems to cancel a purchase made on your behalf. 

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Can you cancel my subscription because I tried to cancel on my app but couldn’t do
Community Manager

Hi @Vikram766

Thank you for your post. 

How did you subscribe to AFL Live Pass? (Google Play/iTunes or AFL Website) 

If you subscribed via the AFL website, you will need to log on to the AFL website to cancel your subscription, this can not be cancelled via the AFL Live App.

I have sent you a private message to request further information so I can investigate cancelling on your behalf.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

This is a joke. I am having the same problems! I do not want this. I’ve wasted an hour on this. Get me out!!!

This is a joke. I am having the same problems! I do not want this. I’ve wasted an hour on this. Get me out
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Damo19

I have sent you a private message requesting more info

I will reply there

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit