Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

unsure of my afl live username on android

Answered

ok so i bought afl live on android. howeevr i need to link my telstra account or something? because i want to watch afl live on my ipad

so, i need to find my afl live username and password. however, none of the email addresses i type in say they are correct. what is my username?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: unsure of my afl live username on android

Unfortunately, your iPad is not supported due to it having an outdated version of iOS.
The AFL Live app requires iOS 10 or newer in order to work.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @j4s3

Apologies for the issues linking your subscription with a Telstra ID

You first need to restore your subscription on your Android device (If not already done so), then link to a Telstra ID.

To restore your purchase in the AFL App, go to 'More' > 'My Account' > 'AFL Live Pass' then you should see the option to restore or purchase, if you select the restore option and follow the prompts to restore your purchase. Once complete, you should be able to access your live pass.

After you have restored your in-app purchase, there will be an option to "Link Your Live Pass" to a TelstraID, which you can use to access your AFL Live Pass on other supported devices, not just those linked to your Google Account.

Do you currently have a Telstra ID? If not, the 'link your live pass button' will prompt you to create one.

Once you have linked your subscription to your Telstra ID,

you then use your Telstra ID to sign in on other devices, like your iPad.

We have made a guide on this process, check it out here:https://tel.st/9df8x

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

ok so i created a telstra account. i linked the account on the android afl live app. i logged into the account on the ipad and loaded the afl live app. when i try to watch the footy it takes me to a screen with a big green button "free for telstra mobile customers" and then below it says "restore a live pass" so i click on that. then it takes me to a new page and the "app thinking circle" just sits there spinning for ever.
Highlighted

for the last 3 days the ipad is saying "ragrant denied" cannot connect to the itunes store

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @j4s3

Thank you for getting back to us. You do not need to restore your subscription on your iPad, this will not work.

You will need to log in via More > My Account > Log In

And you will need to log in with the TelstraID email/password you set up when you linked on your Android device. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

cooive done that. ive logged into the ipad afl live app with my telstra ID

then ive gone to watch dockers round 3 game. it takes me to the "free for telstra customers" and "restore a purchase" buttons. i click on "restore a purchase " and it gives me the thinking circle symbol, forever.

Highlighted

than i also click on the 3rd big button, "restore app store purchase" button, and that adds a second "thinking icon" and after a few seconds the message "Regrant failed. please purchase app softeware first"
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @j4s3

When you sign into your Telstra ID on your iPad do you have any issues?

it sounds like it lets you sign in, however if you attempt to access premium content it asks you to subscribe/sign in again?

If you head to the Live Pass icon in top right corner,

then Live Pass subscription

what information is displayed?

What is the make and model of your iPad?

What version of iOS is it running?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

says "welcome back jason". "you are currently logged in to your afl live official app"

ipad2 ios 9.3.5 (fully updated)

Highlighted

how do i sign in to my telstra id on an ipad?
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Unfortunately, your iPad is not supported due to it having an outdated version of iOS.
The AFL Live app requires iOS 10 or newer in order to work.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

that sucks! but it worked previously when I had a subscription, only a year or two ago. how do i get a refund for the app then?

Highlighted

According to the terms and conditions, refunds aren't available, but I'm sure one of the support staff will get in contact again with you shortly.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @j4s3

As @Jupiter has mentioned, the AFL Live App requires iOS 10 as per the terms and conditions

If you purchased your subscription via Google Play, as you mentioned in your original post, you will need to contact them directly to request a refund as we do not have access to their systems.

However, they may not provide a refund if the app works as it should on the Android device you used to purchase the subscription. 

To request a refund, please follow the instructions on the relevant link below: 
https://tel.st/l6ffq   

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit