Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Video error

I have just got afl live pass but the app will not play any videos or replays? I have tried deleting the app and reinstalled it and still same problem. I have also tried it on Wi-Fi and mobile data still nothing. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Video error

Hi @Crowman2

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're having with the AFL Live App. 

What is the error message you're getting when you try to play videos? 

What device are you using to access the AFL Live App? (mobile/tablet, make/model etc)

What version of iOS or Android is your device running? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

It's a mobile device it's a HTC One I believe. Before I went to Telstra and signed in for live pass I had no problem watching videos on the app now I can't watch anything at all I don't know what Android or iOS it has 

Highlighted

Android 6.0 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Crowman2

You can find out your Android version in the device settings. 

What happens when you try to watch a video?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

It's an Android 6.0. It just has the loading red circle going around and around after it plays the advertising video. It played everything fine before I signed up for afl live using my Telstra ID as a Telstra customer 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Crowman2

Did you redeem your AFL Live Pass via the 4G network before linking it to your TelstraID?

If you logged in with your existing TelstraID before redeeming the AFL Live Pass, this may be what is causing the issue. 

Please uninstall and reinstall the AFL Live App again to make sure you're starting from scratch

Ensure you are connected to the Telstra Mobile network before reopening the AFL Live App and redeem your free AFL Live Pass Offer by following the prompts.

1) Open AFL Live App

2) Select your Favourite Team

3) Allow AFL Live App to send notifications

4) Confirm you are Over-18

5) Agree to share location data

6) You will then see a screen which has “Congratulations” and a green “Start Watching Now” button at the bottom. Click this button.

You should then be able to access your AFL Live Pass on your mobile device.

Once you have redeemed your AFL Live Pass this way, you can navigate to My Account > AFL Live Pass > Link Your Live Pass to link to your TelstraID, which you can then use to log in to other devices and the AFL Website to access full match replays. 

Highlighted

OK I will try that thanks

Highlighted

no that has not changed anything still can't watch any videos 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Crowman2

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Was the AFL Live Pass working on the same device prior to you becoming a Telstra Mobile customer? 

Can you please clear the cache on your device using the below steps to see if this assists, we would also recommend doing any updates to Android which may be available as Android 6.0 is quite old now. 

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps. > Settings. If unavailable, tap the Apps dropdown menu. ...
  2. From the Device section, tap App manager.
  3. From the All tab, select an app. Swipe left or right to switch tabs.
  4. From the Cache section, tap Clear cache. This option may not be available for some apps.

If the provided troubleshooting doesn't help with the issue, it may be a device specific issue. 

The HTC One is not on the list of supported devices in the terms and conditions of the AFL Live App.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit