Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Videos wont load

When I try to play videos on the AFL app they say I am not connected to internet and won't play. I am connected to 5G internet and all other apps work. Any suggestions? Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Videos wont load

Which model phone are you using?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I am using a S7 but I also tried it on an S9 and it didnt work. 

Highlighted

OK, so when you say 5G internet, you mean you are connected via wifi? (those phones don't have 5G mobile network capability)

Have you updated to the newest version of the app (version 40877)?

If you are a Telstra mobile customer, have you tried connecting while on the mobile network rather than wifi?

Do you get a message on the screen when you try to play videos, or does it just sit there thinking?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Yes sorry 5G wifi... have tried whilst on mobile data and it comes up with a message saying you arent connected to internet try again... this comes up as soon as you have clicked on the video

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Hello36

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the AFL Live App. 

As you've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I would first suggest the below troubleshooting 

Clear the cache via settings > applications > AFL > storage 

Ensure that the date and time on your device are set to automatic, and no VPN's are connected. 

If you are still experiencing the same error message, can you please let me know the below info and I can get in touch with the technical team to investigate further. 

What Android version your devices are running

A screenshot of the error message 

Does this happen with all video (replays, highlights, conferences etc) or is it only certain videos? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit