CR29
Level 2: Rookie

2018 free AFL live not working

I have the free AFL live app It doesn’t seem to be working.  Keep getting message Oops we’re having technical issues. Please try again. Is this happening to everyone?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
26 REPLIES 26
Rids1
Level 1: Cadet

Re: 2018 free AFL live not working

Yeh it's happening to a lot of us. So frustrating
Rogbaggs

Yes. Lots of us.
Anon7

Yes happening to me too. Very annoying.
Fprno1

Same deal with me. Surprise surprise, another stuff up with Telstra -____-
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi all,

We have heard these reports and we are working to resolve these issues as soon as we can. Our App team are investigating now.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback about this and our team have investigated this issue now and I believe that we have resolved this issue now from testing this on my end.

If you can try and redeem your Live Pass now with your Telstra ID login. 

If you have further trouble, please let me know and we can investigate further.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

marls9747

I still can't login with my telstra id and it is not identifying my mobile on the network no matter what I do. Followed all your instructions.
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @marls9747

Can you please provide the below details to help us assist you?

How exactly did you subscribe? (In app purchase, AFL.com.au, Club Digital membership or our 2017 AFL Live Pass Offer) 
Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?
Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

Thanks

marls9747

Prepaid Telstra mobile phone free subscription. It was fine last year, but even though I downloaded the 2018 app it will not allow me to login and doesn't identify my mobile.

marls9747

It keeps looping back to "please turn off your mobile's wifi" screen, which I have done, so then I enter my Telstra ID and it loops right back to that page.
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

For pre-paid services, you need to maintain a minimum of a $30 recharge to redeem the live pass on your device. When did you last recharge?

We did hear some reports of a simliar issue however they should have been resolved now. Can you please try uninstalling and re-installing the App and ensuring that your phones software is up to date?

Thanks

Rogbaggs

Mine is fine now.
marls9747

I have $58.38 credit on my prepaid account right now.
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

@marls9747

Can you please provide the following information about the device you are using:

Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:

Thanks

marls9747

Prepaid mobile phone which I managed to log in to live pass with - no problem.
Android Galaxy tab A - I can't log in with my Telstra ID, which I need to do, because my mobile phone is not detected on the Telstra network.
Service Provider - TPG.
I am connected through wifi only.
Location - South Australia
marls9747

There is no option to link my mobile phone with my tablet.
daaayymmmoo

I'm having the same issue. It won't play any premium videos, like match replays. I want to watch the footy tonight grr

How exactly did you subscribe? (In app purchase, AFL.com.au, Club Digital membership or our 2017 AFL Live Pass Offer) 2017 AFL Live Pass Offer, it says my subscription has expired though

Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically? Temporarily unavailable, please try again later

Device: oneplus 3T
OS Version: OxygenOS 5.0.1
Service Provider: Telstra
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile: Mobile
daaayymmmoo

uuhh actually I just uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked now
yay
thanks
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Due to changes to the NRL App this year, you are not able to redeem your Telstra Live Pass by logging in with a Telstra ID, you need to redeem using the Telstra Mobile network first, link with your NRL Account, then login with your NRL Account on other devices. The option to redeem with your login has been displayed incorrectly in the App and we will remove this to prevent future confusion.

To redeem on your Telstra Mobile and link with an NRL Account:

- Uninstall the NRL App, then redownload.

- Turn off the Wi-Fi on your device

- Open the NRL App

- It will detect your mobile service and redeem automatically

- When prompted login/register an NRL Account to link your live pass

Once you have done this, you will be able to access on other devices by just logging in with your NRL Account. To do this:

- More

- My NRL Account

- Login with your NRL Account details

- You should get a success message

MS100

I seem to be having the same problem. Followed all of the steps: updated iOS, reinstalled AFL Live app, turned wifi off to verify mobile is on telsta network and I get the “Opps service temporarily unavailable, try again later” message. Rang 24/7 support, waste of time just referred me back to AFL site. Just another typical telstra runaround.
Tacokid

Not working for me either buddy. Frustrated eagles supporter. Get on it Telstra geeks!!
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Hey @Tacokid @MS100

Sorry for the trouble with your subscriptions and we are working to ensure that this is working correctly.

Can you please try the following steps to see if this works for you:

- Uninstall the AFL App from your device

- Re-download the AFL App from the store

- Turn Off Wi-Fi on your phone

- It will automatically detect your eligibility if you're connected to the Telstra Mobile Network

- If successful you should just select Go Back and be ready to watch.

If you have any trouble doing this, please let me know.

MS100

Hi Jess
Still not working. I followed the same steps as you indicated (which was exactly the same as my original message as I do read the online instructions) and when it goes to verify after I switch my wifi off I get the “Oops technical error message”.
ToneB
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @MS100,

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Prior to opening the AFL app can you turn your Wi-Fi off?

Can you also let us know the model (Eg Samsung Galaxy S8, iPhone 😎 and OS version of your device?

- ToneB

MS100

Hi Tone

I’m happy to say I now have AFL live. I realised that once the AFL app was reinstalled the cellular carrier option defaulted to off. Once this was turned on it worked like it was supposed to. Thanks Telstra team for assisting with the sequence. This may catch others out with the “off” default for the app once installed.
ToneB
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear @MS100! Enjoy the footy! - ToneB

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit