The_Captain
Level 2: Rookie

[2021] Telstra announces $5 Kayo subscription for Live Pass members

Hi,

The 2021 season saw the demise of the Telstra Live Pass which previously allowed Telstra customers to watch all live AFL games on their mobile device.

Users could then opt into a generous subsided monthly subscription to Kayo for $5 a month on a 12 month contract IF you redeemed prior to May 31 2021.

My question is - Will this be subsidy be supported in 2022? In other words, for those Telstra/AFL customers who redeemed the $5@month offer to Kayo, will this continue and if not; what will the AFL offer in support?

Thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: [2021] Telstra announces $5 Kayo subscription for Live Pass members

Hi @The_Captain 

I haven't seen any information regarding it continuing for next year.

I hope it does. But I must remember to suspend the service before it goes to its full price before next year.

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The subsidised price offer reverts to a full subscription at the end of the 12 months, so it doesn't seem very likely that there will be a $5 offer for next season.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ozmoz

I have the same feeling @Jupiter 

The older system caused a number of technical issues which continued to throw questions to support, and so has this newer offer. So best way to avoid all the extra support is doing away with the offer.

And the old system went for something like 9 years.

Saying that though, Telstra has committed themselves to the AFL until 2024 (Which likely will continue beyond that considering how popular the sport is in Australia) that anything could be on offer.

Telstra has always kept their cards close to their chests on everything... damn you Telstra lol.

Footnote: I dont work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @The_Captain

Thank you for your post. 

We’re working hard with partners to come up with the best offers for you for next season.

Stay tuned and we’ll let you as soon as we are able to.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

The_Captain

Hi @Kjorg

Appreciate your guys are working hard; is there any chance that you could shed some light on whether the subsidy will continue?

Cheers T_C

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @The_Captain

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed since my previous response, we will let you know as soon as we are able. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

The_Captain

Hi @Kjorg 

Just seeing if anything has changed in the past month that you can update us on?

Cheers T_C

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @The_Captain 

Any future promotions for customers will be part of our Telstra Plus rewards program, to sign up and get alerts for new promotions please follow this link: https://tel.st/hs493t

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit