JDBL
Level 1: Cadet

AFL app

My AFL app is frozen on home page when I am at home using my WIFI but works fine when I am away from home using my data. What should I do? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AFL app

Hi @JDBL 

Thank you for your post. 

My apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the AFL Live App on Wi-Fi.

As the AFL Live App works as normal when using your mobile data, this indicates an issue with the strength of your Wi-Fi connection, not the AFL Live App. 

Does the app also work on the 4G network when you're at home? 

I would first recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the AFL Live App to see if this assists

If not, can you please let us know what device you're using and what version of iOS or Android your device is running? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JDBL

Hello Kjorg

it last worked fine on Monday night. 
I tried uninstalling app and re- installing app but it made no difference.

the same thing is happening on my iPad.

we did have issues with the strength of our internet connection in the last couple of weeks but thought that was sorted. I can access Netflix, YouTube etc with no problems.

ipad iOS 12.4.8

iPhone iOS 13.6

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @JDBL

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know that info. 

I'm going to reach out to the technical team for some further assistance with this one.

Can I please clarify whether you're subscribed to the AFL Live Pass as Telstra Mobile customer or via the iTunes App Store? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

JDBL

Telstra mobile customer.

also strangely, when I try to access the website afl.com.au I get the message ‘safari cannot open the page because the network connection was lost’.

However, I can access any other website I go to.

thanks for you help with this Kjorg

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @JDBL 

Just a quick thought - are you connected to any VPNs when on Wi-Fi? This may impact the AFL Live App recognising your location. 

I've reached out to the tech team and will let you know once I've heard back from them. 

I will hopefully hear back soon, and video streaming on the AFL Live App is data-free when using your 4G mobile data connection in the meantime. 

JDBL

No - on both my iPad and phone it says VPN is not connected.

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @JDBL

Thank you for your patience, my apologies for the delayed response with this one. 

I've spoken with the tech team about this today, and they have suggested a couple of things which may assist if you're still experiencing this issue. 

Are you able to update the iOS on your iPad device?

It would also be beneficial to test the AFL Live App on your devices using another Wi-Fi network (we understand this may not be possible depending on your location) this will rule out whether there is an issue with the app itself or the Wi-Fi connection at home. 

When you uninstall and reinstall the app - does it allow you to log in to your subscription before freezing on the homepage? 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit