Fan123
Level 1: Cadet

AFL Live App blank screen only audio after latest update

Device: Samsung Tablet 4.4.2 (sm t520)

Since last week on Sunday (29/4/18) when the AFL live app forced an update, none of the live streaming has any video display, only audio. This has never been an encountered issue until this update. The gps tracking and stats updates still work fine on the app as do posted videos.

I have tried power cycling my device, switching networks, clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the app and running the tablet in safe mode several times but the issue still persists.

This is very frustrating, any help would be appreciated

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: AFL Live App blank screen only audio after latest update

Hi @Fan123

Thanks for your post and I am sorry to see that you've been having trouble with the live stream. Firstly we will need to try some troubleshooting and get some more details.

I'd recommend attempting these steps:

•    Please completely uninstall the app, restart the device & then redownload
•    Please make sure you have location settings turned on & allowed the AFL Live app to use your location
•    Please ensure you've cleared the cache on your device

In most cases, if you're having any difficulty streaming, I'd recommend attempting the steps here as this will help resolve most issues you encounter.

If you still encounter an issue, can you please provide the below details to help us assist you?

How exactly did you subscribe? (In app purchase, AFL.com.au, Club Digital membership or our 2017 AFL Live Pass Offer) 
Do you encounter an error message? If so, what is it specifically?
Device:
OS Version:
Service Provider:
ADSL, Cable, NBN or Mobile:
Let me know how you go and we can assist you further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Fan123
Level 1: Cadet

Hey @JesseS

As I mentioned above, I've already tried reinstalling, clearing the cache etc. that's mentioned in the FAQs and it doesn't do anything. It's very unlikely a network issue either as this problem occurs in two different households with different networks and service providers.

While I'm not positive it's the root cause, I feel it's useful to note that I was streaming an AFL game fine on 29/4/18 and the app updated at half time and directly after the update it's been on an audio only feed.

As for the extra details

Subscription: Live Pass Offer

Error messages: None, just a blank screen with audio.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520

OS Version: Android 4.4.2

Service Provider: Telstra or Internode, the issue occurs with both

Conncection is via ADSL

Thanks again for responding, hope to here back soon!

Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Fan123

Thank you for letting us know those details.

This problem has been escalated by our tech team and they are still working on a fix.

We will provide updates as soon as they are available. 

My apologies for the delay. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit