jodek
Level 1: Cadet

AFL live pass complaint

Hi, We "purchased" a free live pass to watch the AFL finals last year. Since that date I had weekly withdrawals taken out of my credit card for 6 weeks. I would like this refunded. For one, the live pass wasn't working that day, so it was useless to us. And Two, we immediately unsubscribed because it was useless to us. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Re: AFL live pass complaint

Hey @jodek

Sorry for the trouble with your live pass and I would be more than happy to review this for you. So I can investigate further, I will just send you a private message.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

If viewing on a desktop/laptop:
In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

If viewing on a mobile device:
Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mattkellas

how did you go with this i also have the same problem who did you ring telstra told me its nothing to do with them

mattkellas

hello jesse i have this same problem also can you contact me
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

@mattkellas Thanks for your post and I will check this out for you. As above, I will send you a private message now.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

mattkellas

on my bill it says telstra applicrions . i have never agreed to any dire t debit from telstra for the 14.99 . several occasions it has been deductexand i would expext a refund from telstra any money that has been deducted unlawfully . please let me know asap how wevo about this thanks again matt
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Matt, I have replied to your private message, please reply to me there so we can sort this out for you.

Thanks

McBent

Hi there,

I have been subscribed to AFL Live unbeknownst to me for the past year, with charges of $14.99 per month coming out of my wife's card. We probably did subscribe, but I tried to cancel, and couldn't find that we were subscribed by looking at the app or logging in with our Telstra login. We called Telstra and they know nothing about it. My wife ended up cancelling her credit card because of how hard it was to find. We are Telstra customers, so this should be free- we signed up to watch one game on our ipad, but the small size of the video on the screen was very disappointing. I tried to cancel, but couldn't find out how. I dug deeper, and finally found the password for another email address on the AFL live app site, and found our subscription was charging us all year, even when there were NO AFL GAMES!!!

Please cancel the charges for this retroactive to a year ago.

Stephen

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Stephen, 

Thanks for your post and I am happy to review your subscription for you. If you are a Telstra mobile customer, then you may be eligible for a free live pass however you need to redeem a free live pass, it is not automatic if you purchase a subscription.

I am going to send you a private message so we can get some more details.

To access your private messages, please refer to the relevant instructions below:

In the top right hand corner of CrowdSupport, you should see a profile icon, with a drop down - Select Messages. This is your inbox & will contain any private messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

Tap the messages icon at the bottom of the screen & select the login option to sign into your account. This will take you back to the original page, where you can select message to access your inbox. This will contain any messages you receive via CrowdSupport.

joblo1000

I used the 2 free weeks, paid for one more then tried to cancel.  Thought I had then saw that it had not worked. Tried again and once again thought I had done it but money keeps coming out.  The app puts the pages in a loop so it is very hard to get a clear signal that you have cancelled your subscription.  I feel it was designed this way and am not pleased as this indicates a type of system that should not exist with a company live Telstra or the AFL (deceptive design). 

(I work with design and technology- not afraid of it at all). 

Please contact me as it has been quite a few weeks that I have paid for that I did not intent to- I am sure you can see from the stats that I have not been using it

thanks

MichealW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @joblo1000

Thanks for contacting us .

So I can investigate further, I will send you a private message.

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit