Footyfanz
Level 2: Rookie

AFL Live Pass ending

Given that Live Pass has been ended, I can no longer watch my team when they play interstate without having to pay more money on top of my AFL membership. The whole point of joining the AFL and using Telstra was so that I could follow my team all year. I struggle to justify AFL membership cost let alone now having to fork out for a limited Kayo membership as well. Telstra and AFL may well loose me as I will now need to consider my options.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: AFL Live Pass ending

Hi @Footyfanz 

I never thought watching an AFL game live on a tablet or mobile was a great experience anyway.

I pay for my MCC, RFC memberships and now I am going to try the Kayo $5 offer. Which is a lot cheaper than full Kayo, or Foxsports packages.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Footyfanz
Level 2: Rookie

@Ozmoz  It’s only cheap for the first year and then automatically rolls up to a full price subscription

Ozmoz

@Footyfanz wrote:

@Ozmoz  It’s only cheap for the first year and then automatically rolls up to a full price subscription

Hi @Footyfanz 

I'm sure this will be an ongoing thing, as Telstra has committed to the AFL for a few years. As they have been when it was just the app to view games.

So, if you have to renew the offer every 12 months to make sure you still eligible, then so be it.

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

The Telstra Streaming rights end at the end of the 2022 season (their deal wasn't extended like the Foxtel/Seven deals).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ozmoz

And more info straight from AFL themselves,

https://www.afl.com.au/news/539223/afl-extends-broadcast-rights-deal-with-foxtel-telstra 

Jupiter

Yes, but that didn't extend the Live component of games for Telstra. That has shifted to Foxtel/Kayo.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit